Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beave

Old school style Telephreak BBS

15 posts in this topic

Howdy,

I just go the "old school style" Telephreak.org BBS back online. Woo. Right now, the login banner appears as an old ROLM data systems. Feel free to suggestion new looks (I change the login screens from time to time. They've been, MVS, OpenVMS and now - ROLM data). If you wish to play, old school style, go to:

ssh://bbs.telephreak.org (username "bbs", no password)

telnet://bbs.telephreak.org (drops you right into the BBS)

This is awesome ... thanX for getting this online ....

How's about a nice old DecServer prompt with all the fixin's (show services, host, HELP etc.. ) :D

It's nice that this is back up. Finally I can start talking and reading about X.25 networks again, thanks dude!

Sweet, I never really used a BBS. really old school.

It's nice that this is back up. Finally I can start talking and reading about X.25 networks again, thanks dude!

Oh, we're pimp'in the X.25 hacking again. Mostly Acatel/Russia (easiest to get on) and SITA. Big pimp'in, X.25....

hell yes! i missed the old BBS, beave! I'm going to have to remember my password so i can come be 1337 and trade some box plans or something :P

How's about a nice old DecServer prompt with all the fixin's (show services, host, HELP etc.. ) :D

Ah, like the old Decserver 200's. With the "Local>" prompt and all that? Not a bad idea :)

Awesome.

Telnet seems to be down, though. SSH works just dandy.

Doh! thanks man. xinetd wasnt started (for some reason). Fixed.

Beave, thank you for putting this back online!!! :voteyes: :voteyes: :voteyes: :voteyes: :voteyes:

Hey Beave, I remember you from back on here -- and on the phreak board on dahmer, right?

Cool board. A few years back a few of us were going to do something like this but we were lazy f*cks and never did. From what I've seen so far, kick-ass.

Any idea why ssh isn't working but telnet is ("no further authentication methods available" is the error message -- I get it after the login banner either with new, bbs or my (new) username)...? Don't know if you know that it's having a problem, so I figured I'd let you know in case you didn't.

If I can help in any way, let me know.

Coo,

/ab.

Hey Beave, I remember you from back on here -- and on the phreak board on dahmer, right?

Cool board. A few years back a few of us were going to do something like this but we were lazy f*cks and never did. From what I've seen so far, kick-ass.

Any idea why ssh isn't working but telnet is ("no further authentication methods available" is the error message -- I get it after the login banner either with new, bbs or my (new) username)...? Don't know if you know that it's having a problem, so I figured I'd let you know in case you didn't.

Coo,

/ab.

It works for me.... did you remember to set the ssh user name to "bbs" as in:

ssh -l bbs bbs.telephreak.org

?

Coo,

/ab.

It works for me.... did you remember to set the ssh user name to "bbs" as in:

ssh -l bbs bbs.telephreak.org

?

Ayup. Oddly when I tried connecting from my *nix box it did work -- it just doesn't apparently like to work with win32 (and it might just be *my* win32 client, but I'm not having problems connecting anywhere else with it -- I am a coder and could troubleshoot, but why bother). Then again, who does like working with win32? [don't answer that -- I know of some...]

Cheers,

/ab