Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swerve

WillHackForFood.biz

3 posts in this topic

Hey,

So I've tried to use the service a few times now but my inbox recieves none of the mail sent to it.

Has it been disabled or anything does anyone know?

Many thanks

EDIT - It seems there are a lot of anon email services out there but they all want money to be able to recieve mail, anyone able to recommend one like willhackforfood? It was so simple to use.

Merci

Edited by Swerve

We have been having some server issues lately (last month or so) which have likely caused emails not to show up, and just yesterday we made some further changes - I have now fixed yesterdays issue, and the other stuff was fixed maybe 2 weeks or so ago, so it should all be working now. If it does not work for you now, then you need to wait a day or so for the DNS changes to propagate. If it does not work after that, PM me.

Also the way it works, is that there is a catchall account for the domain, and all messages go into there to be processed by a cron job. Unfortunately because of this, there is no reliable way to find out who the message was originally sent to. The "To" field is usually good enough but not all the time, and it should not be relied upon.

The problem is that we really need to use the catch all, otherwise we would need to create separate mail accounts accounts all the time.

I have been looking into Exim recently (the mail server software on our server), and it looks like we may be able to either get it to add in an "Envelope-To" field which will reliably have the original recipients address by changing the config or pipe messages directly to a script to put in the database. I will look into this if / when I get time.

Hey, no woriies bro,

It's a great service and thanks for spending the time doing it.

The time frames you mention make sense, i'll check it out in a few weeks.

again, many thanks.