control userpasswords2 <-- asks me for admin pass

old 95 + 98 boot floppies

viruses :)

using dos to put a program in the C drive

"make me Admin" <-- asks for admin pass

Cain & Abel

none of them worked :(

we log onto the network itself mostly on Win2k or XP pro

we use censornet http proxy <--- its a parental control as well.

we cannot access the C drive, only to view it with firefox.

we cannot regedit. (not tried regkey tho)

we tried using cheat engine to muff up the mcaffee security they have but it didnt work.

our logon is kinda like the picture i've attached but in Domain ours says "Curriculum" or sumthing

if there iss anyway that we can get the password then that would be gr8

i will try and get sum screenshots of the system 2day

Most of those tools will work perfectly to get the local password. You can't get the network password with them however. Unless you want to sniff the LAN with a downgrade enabled in cain. You would probably have to do that to downgrade the network security (or whatever they're called) hashes down to LM and NTLM. Then you could crack those and get the password. This works fine at my school. What do you need a network admin account for anyways? Will a local administrator not be sufficient? Anyways, the best thing here to do is to leave the school alone.

there are no network accounts unless you mean domain accounts. either way local admin password is all you need. you can just map to drives manually and shit using those creds and look around from there.

there are no network accounts unless you mean domain accounts. either way local admin password is all you need. you can just map to drives manually and shit using those creds and look around from there.

You can't map network drives with local account info. At least, I don't know of a way to do it. Unless the drives don't ask for login/password info. At least, that's how it works at my school.

domain dreds almost always are the same as local ones. makes life 2 easy for admins. not creds but passwords i shuld say. get the local password i bet the pushed tht shit down with patchlink or some to match the domain one. stupid people stupid idea to bad no one thinks like me securely 24 7

Edited by sw1tchbl4de

domain dreds almost always are the same as local ones. makes life 2 easy for admins. not creds but passwords i shuld say. get the local password i bet the pushed tht shit down with patchlink or some to match the domain one. stupid people stupid idea to bad no one thinks like me securely 24 7

Jesus Christ kid get over yourself--you are not a l33t hax0r, to me you sound like uneducated script kiddie who claims he can hax0r shit, yet I have seen no tutorial contributions from you, nor have I seen any educated posts..do me a favor and stfu, your posts make my eyes bleed.

D.i.a.b.l.o.69er

he said 69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read the name--I really hope you are educated enough to at least accomplish that much. It is pronounced as Diablosixtyniner...jeebus

D.i.a.b.l.o.69er

Edited by diablo69

to bad no one thinks like me

No, not at all.

And in a perfect world the admin password will be on a sticky under the keyboar... hey, wait, here it is!

Unless the domain was setup by a monkey the local password and the domain passwords would not need to be the same. The domain admins group just needs to be in the local administrators group.

You may be thinking about a local user account with administrative rights. That is an account that would have the same password on the local machine and on the domain.

-un

wow so many posts :)

I'll explain what we'eve tryed and what didnt work:

We tried:

l0phtcrack

Pwdump

adding users through batch files <-- Keep getting access denied

Cain & Abel

we tried using cheat engine to muff up the mcaffee security they have but it didnt work.

our logon is kinda like the picture i've attached but in Domain ours says "Curriculum" or sumthing

if there is anyway that we can get the password then that would be gr8

Most of those tools will work perfectly to get the local password. You can't get the network password with them however. Unless you want to sniff the LAN with a downgrade enabled in cain. You would probably have to do that to downgrade the network security (or whatever they're called) hashes down to LM and NTLM. Then you could crack those and get the password. This works fine at my school. What do you need a network admin account for anyways? Will a local administrator not be sufficient? Anyways, the best thing here to do is to leave the school alone.

using l0phtcrack comes up with an error: cannot impersonate system account, insufficient priviliges.

cain says: bad download/install

we need network account for one reason: unlocking bloacked sites. i mean ffs they blocked hotmail wit hchat-based filter. they even blocked games sites like newgrounds and abs with P0RN0 filter!!!!! yes, thats rite p0rn. also, if we have network admin we can install firefox over the dreaded IE!!

wow so many posts :)

I'll explain what we'eve tryed and what didnt work:

We tried:

l0phtcrack

Pwdump

adding users through batch files <-- Keep getting access denied

Cain & Abel

if there is anyway that we can get the password then that would be gr8

using l0phtcrack comes up with an error: cannot impersonate system account, insufficient priviliges.

cain says: bad download/install

we need network account for one reason: unlocking bloacked sites. i mean ffs they blocked hotmail wit hchat-based filter. they even blocked games sites like newgrounds and abs with P0RN0 filter!!!!! yes, thats rite p0rn. also, if we have network admin we can install firefox over the dreaded IE!!

1. Get a live CD. (I like Hiren's ultimate boot CD. Or something that has Sala's password renew.)

2. Get a local account.

3. Install stuffs? => tor, firefox, etc.

4. Profit?

EDIT: Get the l0phcrack LIVE CD. Of course you can't install l0phcrack on a local not administrator account.

Edited by dalejrrocks

I have been working around the school network myself, and I've gotten pretty far. I can now get the login name of anyone in the county and reset the password. Right now, I'm looking for a way to add a roaming admin so that I have enough power to fix one of the computers and go sit back there. To clarify, they have no additional software. They use Microsoft Professional Networking software to wire all the computers in my county together, not for long, though. In the past 2 months, they have added alot more security, aswell as broke a few computers.

P.S. If anyone knows how to give an IP Adress to a computer that doesn't have one, I could move back in the room. Thanks

Hi

My question relates to setting user permissions, however, I don't know how to do this and urgently require your assistance.

I successfully gained the administrator password and proceeded to install software on one particular machine on the network, however, I was dissapointed when I found that I was unable to access the software from the regular guest/user account. Can somebody please tell me how to install software so that it's accessible to the ordinary user account on one particular machine. I'm simply not familiar with setting permissions and seriouly do not want to be caught logged on as the administrator every time I want to access the software.

Obviously, now that iv gained admin I don't want to loose it due to password change or detection, so I need to act quickly and make any adjustments ASAP!

Many thanks

michelangelo

Hi

My question relates to setting user permissions, however, I don't know how to do this and urgently require your assistance.

I successfully gained the administrator password and proceeded to install software on one particular machine on the network, however, I was dissapointed when I found that I was unable to access the software from the regular guest/user account. Can somebody please tell me how to install software so that it's accessible to the ordinary user account on one particular machine. I'm simply not familiar with setting permissions and seriouly do not want to be caught logged on as the administrator every time I want to access the software.

Obviously, now that iv gained admin I don't want to loose it due to password change or detection, so I need to act quickly and make any adjustments ASAP!

Many thanks

michelangelo

Right click on the program, run as..., and type in the administrators password.

Thanks for the alternative RightCoast, however, the installation needs to be executed quickly so i'd rather avoid having to do it via the command line, unfortunately, I don't have time to learn and understand the commands at this point.

No worries man. Good command to know though. In fact, one of the essentials to run a secure Windows install/network.

Hi

Many thanks

michelangelo

Hi, I tried to right click and 'run as' (logged on to the orginary user account, however, I was not given the option to enter the administrator password, a simply message appeared saying "this has been disabled by your administrator". The software I want to install requires admin privillages to are there any alternative methods to doing this which are relativtely straightforward?

thanks

Hi

Many thanks

michelangelo

Hi, I tried to right click and 'run as' (logged on to the orginary user account, however, I was not given the option to enter the administrator password, a simply message appeared saying "this has been disabled by your administrator". The software I want to install requires admin privillages to are there any alternative methods to doing this which are relativtely straightforward?

thanks

Try installing from the local account, then *running it with run as on the account with restrictions.

A little trick not everybody thinks about, on how to get a command prompt:

If you have access to notepad, open it. Type in a new blank file:

start

Then when saving your file, select other file type and change the extension to .bat

Run your batch file. And gotcha, you got a command prompt.

Pretty lame, but works at my school.

A little trick not everybody thinks about, on how to get a command prompt:

If you have access to notepad, open it. Type in a new blank file:

start

Then when saving your file, select other file type and change the extension to .bat

Run your batch file. And gotcha, you got a command prompt.

Pretty lame, but works at my school.

My school has Command Prompt disabled, so I can't even run a batch file at all.

But just another thing: You can open task manager, then choose "new task..." and it's basically a Run prompt.

My school has Command Prompt disabled, so I can't even run a batch file at all.

But just another thing: You can open task manager, then choose "new task..." and it's basically a Run prompt.

Or

@echo off
command
@echo on

And save as a .bat file

?

You have access to command prompt?

Type "control userpasswords2" and mess around a bit. It MAY be only local computer, not network accounts, but Im not sure.

Is this with notePad?