natas

Apple iPhone!!!

22 posts in this topic

FUCK Cisco and Linksys! I'm so glad Apples phone is called the iPhone!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing how well the touchscreen works out, but it definitly looks good.

OMG when will this "i" maddness stop???

After they make an ibag, ohh wait, too late...

Shit that rymed.

I will probably buy one as they look good and have some cool shit built in.

Technical Specifications

Screen size: 3.5 inches

Screen resolution: 320 by 480 at 160 ppi

Input method: Multi-touch

Operating system: OS X

Storage: 4GB or 8GB

GSM: Quad-band (MHz: 850, 900, 1800, 1900)

Wireless data: Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) + EDGE + Bluetooth 2.0

Camera: 2.0 megapixels

Battery: Up to 5 hours Talk / Video / Browsing

Up to 16 hours Audio playback

Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46 inches / 115 x 61 x 11.6mm

Weight: 4.8 ounces / 135 grams

http://www.apple.com/iphone

As a cellular handset, the iPhone is really of no interest to me - I live in the middle of nowhere and use Next-Hell since their coverage is the closest to acceptable in my neck of the woods. But if it ends up supporting SIP or any other standard VoIP protocols, I'll be all over it. An iPhone running on my town-wide WiFi net (took 3 APs :D) for mail, Web, telnet/ssh, and an extension on my Asterisk... that really would be Insanely Great.

I think i might have to get one of those job thingies everybody is talking about and get me one of those.

For gods sake don't get caught up in all the hype and buy one of those units.

save that money for something good :)

at $600 I think it's a little out of my pricerange. I watched the keynote where they went through all the cool features and I'm not going to say I'm not impressed, but I could do without the ipod on there and no hdd. I'm not a fan of safari but it is pretty awsome. But I think the coolest feature is the random access voicemail.

I totally want one! Ultra-sexy w/ leetsauce!!!!!!!! :D Pricey, though. It'll be a saving item. :)

For $600 its gotta be waterproof. I phear the toilets.

Well, $500/600 should be before new contract discounts, which will account for a huge percentage of sales (similar priceranges to many smartphones).

I now someone that can "hook me up" with Cingular phones.

I am thinking of buying, hey, I don't have 3G here anyway.

Plus as vector would say, "It adds to the fanboyness". <_<

It looks smexy, but not $600 smexy. I will need to see a few more features for it to be truly worth it.

But, it does look like apple hit the nail on the head with this one. Assuming it will go in the general trend of iPods, I think I should probably wait for the 4th or 5th generation iPhone before I spend any considerable amount of money on it. :D

i must say, visually it is the sex.

oh yes, this phone is sexxxxxxxxxxy! say what you want, but i see it as a huge cash cow for apple. hopefully it operates better than my performa 6300. :P what dark days those were.....

oh yes, this phone is sexxxxxxxxxxy! say what you want, but i see it as a huge cash cow for apple. hopefully it operates better than my performa 6300. :P what dark days those were.....

6300? Complaints? Try a 6200 sometime - THEN you'll know what it means to complain :angry:

6360 = best Performa ever

6200 = among the suckiest

I'll send you a few, if you really want to (basement cleaning time) :P

I bet to you that they'll recall the first generation due to screen cracking problems. From the pics I've seen there's nothing protecting the screen.

apparently you're not the only one who is glad they caleld it the iPhone, natas. looks like Cisco is suing them for trademark infringement :)

God iPhone is pissing me off. It's all over digg and here.

A phone is a phone. It is ment to send and receive calls, nothing else. The design of the iPhone overall doesnt look to appealing to me either. It's more PDA size than phone. Also I like the older designs more. Where is had the iPod like scroll wheel and you thumbed through it like it was a rotary phone to dial. What does it do that a Blackberry or a Treo cant? Just because it's OSX with a touch screen (Not bashing OSX after using it for two months I love it)

Also screw iTv.

Edited by BigBrother

I don't like this, it's giving me a bit of an odd Jive. I've no problem with apple salvaging its wrecked-ship of a company by shoving iPods into our mouths, but this is extreme. I will not touch the thing unless the fimrware is made public or stolen. Somehow having one's music, friends cell phone numbers, locale, gps location, and other info accessable to apple and the telecom doesn't seem exactly- intelligent.

:paw: Soho