jht129

FFox Portable...

16 posts in this topic

At my school they use a proxy server for the internets, and I would like to use portable firefox to get around it, but i just cant get the connection settings! can anyone help me?! Thanks in advance.

Thanks anyway guys, portable firefox offers a tool that scans for which port and address to redirect to.

My school is about to implement a system that you will have to sign on with your student ID and password tracking your online usage. kinda gey.

they already use transport mapping to block torrents which can be bypassed through transport encryption you might want to try that if you can.

Using firefox portable isnt going to change anything..its just a browser....your goal can be acheived using virutally ANY browser..but I guess FFoxPortable is useful if you are carrying around the browser like I do. (btw Ffoxportable 2.0 sucks balls, i regret upgrading :blowfuse: )

Anyway, Tor is too slow imo, just use something like HTTP-Tunnel or a cgi proxy.

I did something similar with Firefox last year.. except..

My school used a proxy to provide the filtering, so you don't want to set Firefox to use those settings! Using Firefox with the network proxy settings will limit you to the same blocked sites etc etc.

Of course, I was lucky that I could get out of the network without using the proxy, so just try that..

Chances are that you may need to use the proxy to get out.. Can't really tell till you try!

Alright update everyone!!! I have used 10.1.3.150 port 8080 to get firefox to work, except that port is filtered. Is there any ports that are unfiltered? is there an app that allows me to find out?

Using firefox portable isnt going to change anything..its just a browser....your goal can be acheived using virutally ANY browser..but I guess FFoxPortable is useful if you are carrying around the browser like I do. (btw Ffoxportable 2.0 sucks balls, i regret upgrading :blowfuse: )

Anyway, Tor is too slow imo, just use something like HTTP-Tunnel or a cgi proxy.

At my old job only Internet Explorer had sites blocked. I wish I never discovered that because I spent too much time looking at bullshit.

At my old job only Internet Explorer had sites blocked. I wish I never discovered that because I spent too much time looking at bullshit.

That'd be because IE traffic was being passed through a proxy server, which filtered your traffic. But yeah, just do your work.. Wasting time is all fun and good, until you miss a deadline or something.

:)

But do you guys know of any unwatched/unfiltered ports?

If you are at a school network, it wont make a difference.....If its blocked in the main switch, its blocked. The only way to get around is to either a) Use a CGI Proxy/Proxy b.) Tunnel through/under or c.) Use Tor, and I think we all gave you directions on how to do that above...and btw, no offense, but this question can be answered in mere minutes if you use google (with better, detailed answers), anyway just saying that cuz posting and waiting for a reply vs. googling is a pretty significant time difference.

Good luck and stay off the pr0n -_-

Actually it is QUITE useful. Even though "its just a browser" some computers have the browser restricted Such as library "Catalog Only" computers. So just using another browser will get you passed it. In a School setting there is two options a local WebFilter or a Server Based web filter. In either case(most of the time) you wont be allowed to use HTML, JS based proxies due to resrictions. or even being able to modify the browsers settings to go through another proxy. but since your using another independant browser you are then allowed to actually change the proxy settings and be albe to circumvent the filtering. Theres really quite alot of ways to accomplism this. I love using those "Catalog Only" computers in Librarys after exploiting and gaining access to the admin account and then installing another browser and getting online with it. Never got me the Job as the IT guy unfortunately tho. But i have tried :P

Actually it is QUITE useful. Even though "its just a browser" some computers have the browser restricted Such as library "Catalog Only" computers. So just using another browser will get you passed it. In a School setting there is two options a local WebFilter or a Server Based web filter. In either case(most of the time) you wont be allowed to use HTML, JS based proxies due to resrictions. or even being able to modify the browsers settings to go through another proxy. but since your using another independant browser you are then allowed to actually change the proxy settings and be albe to circumvent the filtering. Theres really quite alot of ways to accomplism this. I love using those "Catalog Only" computers in Librarys after exploiting and gaining access to the admin account and then installing another browser and getting online with it. Never got me the Job as the IT guy unfortunately tho. But i have tried :P

very true

its all changed since i was at school maybe schools in the uk are different you were able to bypass by going into the connection settings and using proxy servers and putting proxy for the address and 8080 as the port but i would say if that port is blocked then use the one set for emails as a standard it should be 110 for smtp at least it would make it a little harder to monitor