Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asmith

Cracking into a High School's or University's Drive Remotely

3 posts in this topic

I am sure that somewhere in the past someone has asked this before but just to keep everything pseudo-non-effy-clean I'll use my own former HS (which happens to be Rancho Bernardo High School) as a hypothetical example. Say I want to "crack" remotely to see my grades on the old schools computer in the counselors office say already knowing which computer they are on and that they constantly remain conected to the internet even when the office shuts down (or it used to) at 5:30pm they still leave on all the comps :blink: . How would this hypothet been done. Would a trip back to the school be necessary, knowing where they are on the server, etc, etc? Just asking a question.

First off, before I say ANYTHING, remember this:

Doing ANY illegal activity on your school's network is BAD NEWS, even if it is for educational purposes and you won't do it, do NOT, I repeat do NOT fuck with ANYTHING of your school's, trust me, you'll get butt raped by the law and by your school at the same time.

Now, onto the topic..

Well, first you might want to look if their are any mapped drives, if so you could start by there, maybe see what the login scripts are used on the computers. Our school uses Win2k, so there are many exploits and privledge escalations you can do for administrative rights.

For a list of computers on your network, go into command prompt and type 'net view', it will list all the computers, and you can try to see what drives are mapped, if any.

Also, you can try to do 'ipconfig' and get the IP Address of the router, maybe it will show the routers name and they are using the default password or something, maybe had to reset it once and was too lazy to change the default values.

Can try exploits, maybe milw0rm.com

That's just to access computers, but grades are usually done in programs such as GradeQuick which is hosted on a secure server called a AS400 server usually.

All I can say is good luck trying to get into that, the best way is to use Cain on the network and sniff teachers passwords, then login and use their login to access the server and maybe change stuff.

Again, I am NOT telling you to do it, and if you do use what I said to do ANY illegal activities on your school's network, or anyone elses that you do not have access to, good luck is all I say. The law will eat you alive.

That is all, have fun and good luck :)