Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
n3xg3n

Video?

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any Video/Audio of a typical meeting or want to write a very specific run down of what goes on at the typical BR Meeting? I would like to either start a local BR in my area or seek out local LUG/DefCon/2600 groups, and would like to be prepared or have an idea of what to do if i start a meeting...

[quote name='vector' post='227451' date='Jan 7 2007, 04:05 AM']
i suggested that they stream the meetings via video kinda like they do with the radio show. but everyone in irc thought that was stupid, but hey i would watch it.
[/quote]

I wanted to do that with our meeting from the beginning. More specifically, stream the presentations from one meeting to a server where other meetings could watch them in case they didn't have presentations of their own. The problem is logistics. Many meetings do not have internet access (legal or otherwise) and teh bandwidth for streaming video is not kind.

Now if someone wants to FILM the meetings and send me the tape, that would become hacktv:underground material.

This would be awesome to see happen. The 501 meetings are still a little too small for this at the moment but I would definitely watch them. You get a lot of news, information and opinons from the various radio programs but if more people had a platform such as this........... WOW endless entertainment.

+1 :voteyes: Esp for those of us unable to attend.

hell, free host them for download!? :P Information needs to be spread no matter how =]

[quote name='n3xg3n' post='228033' date='Jan 9 2007, 08:09 PM']
hell, free host them for download!? :P Information needs to be spread no matter how =]
[/quote]

We offer free hosting to all BR meetings... www.binrevmeetings.com or directly by going to <npa>.binrevmeetings.com such as my own 407.binrevmeetings.com for my local meeting.

Now sure if you were referring to that. :unsure:

[quote name='StankDawg' post='228042' date='Jan 9 2007, 08:36 PM']
[quote name='n3xg3n' post='228033' date='Jan 9 2007, 08:09 PM']
[/quote]

We offer free hosting to all BR meetings... www.binrevmeetings.com or directly by going to <npa>.binrevmeetings.com such as my own 407.binrevmeetings.com for my local meeting.

Now sure if you were referring to that. :unsure:
[/quote]

or my local meeting at 813.binrevmeetings.com

Ya if bandwidth is an issue let me know I have WtheF.Com & somewhere around 100GB of bandwidth per month plus ~100GB of space.