ny0n

for all the reverse engineerers

10 posts in this topic

From the article, "Poulson says he's feeling pretty confidant their software can stand up to the pressure."

And since the challenge is to crack it in 6 weeks he can probably be that confident. I wonder how he would feel if it was cracked in 6 months or a year? Is his software only secure for 6 weeks and then his customer(s) need to buy a newer version?

If the software is worth $100, 000 then even if it took a year to crack it you could sell it for half it's value and make more than you would on the challenge.

We're saying to the hackers of the world, 'You've been boasting that you can remove anti-privacy systems. Here's a chance to earn bragging rights and take home 40,000 bucks if you're as good as you think you are," says John Poulson, VP of business development at WIBU-Systems, a German-based company with U.S. headquarters in Seattle.

Simple typo or did they just release something they really shouldn't have?

So they think that just because the few hackers who show up to MacWorld may not be able to crack it, is going to prove how secure it is?

Throw it up on the internet, then I guarantee it will get cracked...

I think this is so fucking stupid. You have two types of people in the world, first type of people that work hard and paid for stuff that want. Then you have the people that will steal it, and even work harder at stealing it. No matter how hard they try it's going to be stolen. they should stop wasting their time on this anti-pricey shit.

I think this is so fucking stupid. You have two types of people in the world, first type of people that work hard and paid for stuff that want. Then you have the people that will steal it, and even work harder at stealing it. No matter how hard they try it's going to be stolen. they should stop wasting their time on this anti-pricey shit.

Now give me 1000$ so that I can buy Photoshop...

Now, seriously, you're dramatizing the situation. Pirates have been on the computer scene since the begining of proprietary software. It still exists and is fine and growing. Drama out of nowhere.

Dood your stealing dont you CARE?

"LOL Bitch, I got a terrabyte of warez..."

Dood your stealing dont you CARE?

"LOL Bitch, I got a terrabyte of warez..."

It's fucking ryan- what more did you expect?

I believe that if anybody is going to do it, the fastest way is to break into the company's system and go from there. Distribute the source, dev docs, etc and that tough software will not look nearly as appealing.

:paw: Soho

Edited by Soho