crackedatom

RSA SecureID Tokens

5 posts in this topic

http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=n...q=rsa+secure+id

I've just got my hands on one of these little creatures...my dad uses then to log into the company mail server..and since they're battery powered (and all batteries die) I just get given the old ones :P

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these and knows of any possible mods that can be made

I have used them in the past but I don’t think there has been much research into moding them, as they tend to be a little expensive for a working system.

(and all batteries die) I just get given the old ones :P

The ones we use a work (credit card ones, without buttons) just stop working when they expire - on the date engraved on the back.

Still would be an interesting thing to hack...

Is it the black flat one or the gray one? The flat black ones make a cracking sound when stepped on. Other than that, I dunno about hacking. My department handles all the tokens. If there was an interesting hack project I could get my hands on a few expired tokens. The black ones or the credit card versions even. There are a few neat tokens from RSA. The gray ones now have USB for the purpose of holding digital certificates. They only hold about a meg or two.

-un

I cracked open the credit card one that evening, just refinding this thread, nothing too interesting. It has some contact buttons, and what I would expect, a battery, ciruit board, with a big black glop of goo. Nothing that looks hackable to moi. May be able to use the battery for one of those LED magnet throwers. But then again I ain't got no l33t hardware hacking skills. I stopped working on the black keychain one because it is a bitch to open without dragging out the Dremel, and I was not in the mood to smell burning plastic. I have some pics I can upload if anyone is interested.

-un