Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xof7

calling card

4 posts in this topic

I recently had a family member flee from Saudi back to the u.s. and I just got a phone call from a "friend" of her's that lived in Saudi. She implied that she was calling to the U.S. from Saudi Arabia but the caller id stated an lewistion idaho number that is a qwest line according to a whitepages.com lookup.

Any ideas?

It might be just the CID number assigned by the calling card dialout. The AT&T calling card platform used to do something similar until recently, when they just started passing caller ID, as well as ANI, but I have reason to believe that started passing earlier than the CID. Anyway, when you'd call the number back, you'd get a recording stating that the person calling you was an AT&T calling card customer, and they were unable to take incoming calls. The numbers that showed up were all around the same area as other numbers assigned by the dialouts, but had random last four digits (for example, 311-555-2368 and 311-555-2369 are two different numbers that might show up on the caller-id display, based on what dialout is being used). Try calling the number back and seeing what you get.

I called the number and got a generic number does not exist.