Aghaster

Free Solaris DVD + Sun Studio 11

61 posts in this topic

I got mine yesterday :) Now just have to stop being lazy and install it :D

Had mine also the other day i had three dvds too which is cool just need to make time to install and reep the benifits

I got mine today, exactly 33 days since my request.

I have to say, I don't really like Solaris too much. I installed it, but it seemed like too much of a hassle. I couldn't get the network working, and I didn't feel like trying to get it working. Maybe when I have more time...

I have to say, I don't really like Solaris too much. I installed it, but it seemed like too much of a hassle. I couldn't get the network working, and I didn't feel like trying to get it working. Maybe when I have more time...

I tried running it in VmWare. It crashed in the middle of the first installation attempt when it couldn't detect the CD drive. I need to try it again and stop being lazy.

I am still waiting...

for a long time now.

I tried running it in VmWare. It crashed in the middle of the first installation attempt when it couldn't detect the CD drive. I need to try it again and stop being lazy.

I had that exact same problem. Has anyone else gotten it to work on VMWare?

I had that exact same problem. Has anyone else gotten it to work on VMWare?

Me. I never had problems with vmware, try the latest version on Linux.

Just a heads up, if anyone is still looking around for more free distros and software from sun, I was doing some reading on webmonkey and saw the link to the same form. They've added a free request for Solaris Express Developer Edition. I'm not a huge programmer, nor have I even had time to play around thoroughly with my solaris OS DVD, but I ordered the new one anyway. I'll keep you all posted on whether it actually gets here.

:ninja: alienbinary :ninja:

Thank you Sun,

I now have the OpenSolaris set, Solaris 10 DVD set, Solaris Developers release, Solaris Community release & Netbeans 5.5....

I think Sun may have won me over in the free stuff alone...now how about some stickers & T-Shirts damn it!!!... :lol:

yeah, amen to the stickers and other schwag. Ubuntu gives out stickers... hint hint.