Aghaster

Free Solaris DVD + Sun Studio 11

61 posts in this topic

Here!

Order your free Solaris DVD + Sun Studio 11 for free, including free shipping. I was given this link by a Solaris user who did receive his DVD set. I hope to receive mine soon, however, there is this note on the website:

*Note: Due to an overwhelming response we are currently out of supply at the moment, but please fill out the form below as we will continue to take orders for kits that will be available in the New Year.

But still, they'll ship you your free DVD set when they receive their new ones. It is worth ordering, if you never tried Solaris ;) Free software in a nice package is always very nice, even if you already can download it for free.

Here!

Order your free Solaris DVD + Sun Studio 11 for free, including free shipping. I was given this link by a Solaris user who did receive his DVD set. I hope to receive mine soon, however, there is this note on the website:

*Note: Due to an overwhelming response we are currently out of supply at the moment, but please fill out the form below as we will continue to take orders for kits that will be available in the New Year.

But still, they'll ship you your free DVD set when they receive their new ones. It is worth ordering, if you never tried Solaris ;) Free software in a nice package is always very nice, even if you already can download it for free.

I ordered ... Said to expect it within 10 days...

Same, but i don't expect it to arrive before the new year now. I think that's just them not updating the second page to reflect the shortage

awesome , thx for the link

Is this the OS it's self or a DVD about Solaris. Sorry for my stupidity I just have to ask.

Is this the OS it's self or a DVD about Solaris. Sorry for my stupidity I just have to ask.

It is the complete OS, with Sun Studio 11, the Sun development environment for Solaris.

There is no such thing as a stupid question as long as your serious about it. ;)

Thanks! In the mean time, if anyone is interested in SUN/Solaris, I suggest checking out Nexenta OS. It is an OS built on OpenSolaris, the SUN Kernel and GNU software. It takes a little looking around but, they do have a live cd (Alpha 4) for download.

Thanks! In the mean time, if anyone is interested in SUN/Solaris, I suggest checking out Nexenta OS. It is an OS built on OpenSolaris, the SUN Kernel and GNU software. It takes a little looking around but, they do have a live cd (Alpha 4) for download.

actually I believe it is in alpha 6 now but anyways its a good little distro, works, comes with synapatic for people who want software quick , and well it fits on one cd

Anyone played around with embedded Solaris?

nope but I got a system I wouldnt mind tryin to use it on, and making it a client

actually I believe it is in alpha 6 now but anyways its a good little distro, works, comes with synapatic for people who want software quick , and well it fits on one cd

Yes, I am aware that it is in version Alpha 6 of development but, the lastest version of the LiveCD is Alpha 4.

I ordered it, though I don't expect to receive it.

It might take time to receive because of the shortage, but I've seen some people on IRC who claim to have received it.

I wish they would send one to Australia. I checked the Sun Australia website but they don't seem to be offering it. Anyone feel like making a copy for me?

Ordered it. But I also saw a link for DLing Solaris. Didn't really look to see if it had the Sun Studio 11 included or not.

Ordered it. But I also saw a link for DLing Solaris. Didn't really look to see if it had the Sun Studio 11 included or not.

Yeah, Solaris is a permanent free download. Sun Studio 11 has to be downloaded seperatly. Look in the download section, it must be there

Anyone remember using solaris a LONG time ago? It was cumbersome to say it nicely. Since then, I haven't had much experience with it, but seeing as SUN put out OpenOffice.org, I'm pretty happy with them, and would like to see what they have to offer.

I still haven't received the Solaris 10 DVD + Sun Studio... I'm downloading OpenSolaris (b56) right now and sun studio 11. However, I received OpenSolaris stickers last week. pretty nice on my laptop.

there was a similar thing with ubuntu Called shipit. click it to give them a go i know they are not the same but they do send out copies for free including the shipping fees. I had a good 30 copies of ubuntu when i convinced a few people xp was really shit when you have linux for free.

[apparently my shift key is now broken]

got my solaris 11 disks in the mail today1 they came in a white envelope, in a standard dvd case, as in the sort that usually come with movies.

I got mine yesterday, I ordered it quite a while ago, not sure when.

I got mine in today! They are great, I hope to set up a solaris box soon.

Never got mine, guess the UK's to far, understandable I guess. it is free.