Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
latency

Securing the Weak Link in Cyberspace

6 posts in this topic

damn...feels like it's been a while since I posted here! Well I got something cool ( i think) to share with you guys:

Securing the Weak Link in Cyberspace

a conference on internet security is being held at my school in a couple of weeks. not sure if anyone's in the area but it's free, you just have to register online to reserve a seat.

keynote speaker is the comissioner of the FTC

another interesting person who will be speaking:

Scott Charney, chief security strategist, Microsoft

(my professor is the moderator for this panel and she made my promise I behave myself if I ask him a question about Palladium ^_^ ).

I know I said I'd write up something about Richard Smith's talk..btu to be perfectly honest it wasn't all that interesting.

I will definately be taking notes at this conference to see if they come up with any interesting solutions (I'm really interested to see what kind of push, if any, the Microsoft guy gives to Palladium).

hrmm..good question - i'll e-mail my professor and ask her...then I have to see if I can rent a digi-video recorder from the school - i'll get back to you on this

Two words for your questioning strategy - passive aggressive.

sneak a video camera in under a big cowboy hat with a hole cut out of it.

just like in cartoons.... i watch to much tv..

:skull:

well the conference was today..

unfortunately things ran a little behind schedule so they cut back on Q&A time and I wasn't able to ask a question to the reaction panel at the end.

I got a nice big booklet from the FTC telling me all about the Dewie the Turtle program...yippeee

Here are some of the notes I took on the different Speakers, followed by reactions from the panelists to questions posed by the moderator

http://www.compulsive.org/conf.txt