hbp71605

SHMOOCON

26 posts in this topic

I am going to make the rounds this year for the 1st time. I have never been to a con and its about time i got off my duff and went. I need to try and get those days off from work before i buy my ticket. i have 3 weeks of vacation to use and all of it is going to be used on con's this year (i hope).

Im just gonna DL the A/V when its up Months/years after the con is over....again :cuss: brokeness sucks

come onnnn, anyone else?

Wanna buy me a ticket + airfare :roll: ?

come onnnn, anyone else?

lol, i would, but im broke :D last year they had some thing where you design an ad for them, you get tickets. mabye theyll have that this year. as for the airfare thing.... eh, ride a bike.

come onnnn, anyone else?

I'll settle for just a ticket...

yeah I will probably be there how much is the hotel per night ?

A discounted room rate of $169 per night is available. Use the code "shmo" to obtain the Shmoocon discount. (Yes, it is missing an o. We know.) For the time being, the code only works for phone reservations. Online reservations should be available through Marriott's website soon.

A discounted room rate of $169 per night is available. Use the code "shmo" to obtain the Shmoocon discount. (Yes, it is missing an o. We know.) For the time being, the code only works for phone reservations. Online reservations should be available through Marriott's website soon.

Damn, 169$ ?! .. I guess I wont be going to a shmoocon for at least another 5 years. They should host it in cheap countries in south America or the African savanna or something :P Im just gonna wait for a A/V torrent / till it hits the net.

For those of you that are going.. ENJOY! :pirate:

Damn, 169$ ?! .. I guess I wont be going to a shmoocon for at least another 5 years. They should host it in cheap countries in south America or the African savanna or something :P Im just gonna wait for a A/V torrent / till it hits the net.

For those of you that are going.. ENJOY! :pirate:

maaan sleep in your car, or find someone to room with. i would offer you room, but my dad is coming with me, and i dunno what hed say.. but ya srsly, bring a sleeping bag and ask around or something lol.

Well, I figured that it will be around $700 bucks just to go for me. I am going to either have to find someone to share a room with me or get a cheaper room. I don't want Shmoocon to be the only con I go to this year. I at least wanna go to Toorcon too. Anyone wanna be roomies?

What are people doing for a hotel room? Are you guys getting the hotel room at the conference or are there cheaper hotels available very near the conference? If I am getting a room and not having a person share one with me, I am going to need a cheaper room so I can go to this conference.

I wanna go, but college likes to get in the way of these things.... *sigh* <_<

im hopefully going now.. i thought it was definate, but tickets go so damn FAST and are so damn EXPENSIVE.

There's a good chance I'll be presenting this year.

I'll be there.

Quick intro to "I": Been listening to stank and the crew for quite some time, havent joined the forums till just now cause the binrev IP is blocked. But hope to see ya'll there. Me, and the Hak.5 crew are meeting up there with Simple Nomad and a couple other faces. If the Binrev possy is going to meet up as well, it be cool to roll out with a joined force.

Well it turns out im not going to shmoocon :( . The last round of tickets went on sale today at 12pm and they were sold out within like 15 minutes. so i couldnt get any tickets. If youve got any info on how to get 2 tickets to shmoocon, contact me please :)

Well it turns out im not going to shmoocon :( . The last round of tickets went on sale today at 12pm and they were sold out within like 15 minutes. so i couldnt get any tickets. If youve got any info on how to get 2 tickets to shmoocon, contact me please :)

15? Thats so fast.

I got an idea, why don't you not pay, and just get in. I bet you could find a way...

15? Thats so fast.

I got an idea, why don't you not pay, and just get in. I bet you could find a way...

Yeah i prolly could but my dad wouldnt approve, so he wouldnt drive me.

15? Thats so fast.

Yeah i prolly could but my dad wouldnt approve, so he wouldnt drive me.

A tip:

Hot, barb wired, brooms solve all your problems.

i got sooo hosed today, i woke up @ noon just to buy tickets, and didnt have my info ready and had the I-just-woke-up-and-my-brain-doesnt-work-blues and I couldnt even remember which address was linked to my CC, so i didnt even get the $150 ticket. The $75 tickets were at frikken -17 (read: negative 17) available by the time i got all my info entered into the web forms (3 mins in). Then after the first two sold out (like 9 mins), my card got declined when trying to charge the $300 ticket. Soooo:

ANYONE WANT TO SELL ME THEIR TICKET THAT CAN'T GO? PLZZZZ

If I cant find a ticket im going to take the metro down there and im fucking sneaking in... trust

Edited by b8zs