Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seal

1337Speak - According to NBC

14 posts in this topic

Apparently all these teens are using "leetspeak" these days, to keep their parents in the dark (the ones that read their private conversations that is.) Thankfully, NBC has done a report on this dangerous dialect, as it leads to CHILD PREDATORS.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1cyNigny8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1cyNigny8[/url]

Sweet Jesus :blink:

>.< my god... how r374rd3d are you if you cant understand the 14|\|G|_|4G3 0|= 1337... just look at the symbol and see if it looks like a letter...

they also forget to mention that "speaking" 1337 makes you look rather noobish and incapable of spelling properly, us wily 31337 h4x0rs :nono:

lets confuse the hell out of the parents and speak in octal groups prefaced by 0x :P

0x CA NY OU UN 0x DE RS TA ND 0x ME 00 00 00

nbc really has no idea that they cant stop us , and that hackers arent bad people

Everything is about protecting children from "predators." It's all a big fucking ploy to put RFIDs in at birth and all of this other nazi shit. The biggest predator of all is the federal government and public school system, the people who are [i]really[/i] going to take our children away from us.

As for "leet speak," who fucking cares about that shit? Edited by j4mes

1 j|_|57 |)0/\/'7 533 \/\/|-|47 /\/\4|<35 17 50 |)4/\/63r|_|5 70 |<1|)5?

Oh dammit, the freaking Oven Mitt causing all this commotion.. once again

Ok, now actually watching the video, it sounds like their concern is that children will be fooled into thinking some randon adult is a kid because leetspeak translators are available online? How about 1. Talk to your kids about not talking to people they dont know online and 2. Parents watch what your kids are doing online...? This are some revolutionary concepts though.

[font=Verdana]Its all about sensationalism. They report things that are highly unlikely and get our attention instead of reporting things that are move likely. It's all about ratings. The parents that watch TV for this kind of information aren't going to get eaten by sharks, or have thier daughter abducted and killed in Aruba. They are going to die from the fast food they are eating while they are sitting on their ass watching TV.

[quote name='GIJoe' post='221195' date='Nov 29 2006, 11:40 AM']
1. Talk to your kids about not talking to people they dont know online and 2. Parents watch what your kids are doing online...? This are some revolutionary concepts though.
[/quote]
Communicate with your children, take an interest and close involvement in their lives, besides being just a distant authority figure?

That really [i]is[/i] revolutionary!

Maybe somebody can start airing a TV show that we can sit our kids in front of, that'll teach them how to listen to their moms & dads!

Lousy kids...

My mom was /shocked/ when she found A link to BinRev on my Firefox Links bar.

I had to explain a bunch o' shiz to her.

[quote name='neCo' post='221225' date='Nov, 03:51 PM']
My mom was /shocked/ when she found A link to BinRev on my Firefox Links bar.

I had to explain a bunch o' shiz to her.
[/quote]

Same here, I have to wipe history, cookies, etc. My dad would never be convinced.