Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
decoder

Some cool toys

42 posts in this topic

Check these out right here

and this is pretty cool, but expensive...

as a matter of fact, the whole catalog is has all sorts of fun stuff, although the sale of some items to civilians is prohibited. (mostly just the locking picking stuff and the police lights)

Yeah, ya know, I stopped phreaking for a few years, and one day that catalog came in the mail. (they sent it to me because I subscibed to like 10 gun magazines) After ordering a few toys and books, it got me reaquainted with the world of telephones. (although most of the stuff in there deals with electromic harassment and surveillence/counter surveillance) But, it got me interested again, and thats the point.

edit// I really like the wrong number generator...thats some cool shit.

Yeah, ya know, I stopped phreaking for a few years, and one day that catalog came in the mail. (they sent it to me because I subscibed to like 10 gun magazines) After ordering a few toys and books, it got me reaquainted with the world of telephones. (although most of the stuff in there deals with electromic harassment and surveillence/counter surveillance) But, it got me interested again, and thats the point.

edit// I really like the wrong number generator...thats some cool shit.

Simple little stuff like that can get you back into the scene. I started when I was 13 and leaned some then stoped, but then I got a payphone off the wall in nyc and it got back on the scene, and now i know a huge shit load more than i did.

The thing is they cant legaly sell this stuff.. not only is it against every law in the book including the ones passed due to 9/11, but the products themselves have no legitimate use by a civi.

Edited by White_Raven

Most of the stuff in that catalog is perfectly legal. A lot of the items are for self defense, but you are correct...some have no civiliain use (but they can be fun!) These are the things that are 'restricted sale iems':

1.most lock picing devices

2.police lights (red and/or blue only)

3.military badges

4.FBI patches

5.this

...and thats about it.

Most of the stuff in that catalog is perfectly legal. A lot of the items are for self defense, but you are correct...some have no civiliain use (but they can be fun!) These are the things that are 'restricted sale iems':

1.most lock picing devices

2.police lights (red and/or blue only)

3.military badges

4.FBI patches

5.this

...and thats about it.

that "this" item can be easaly built right???, its just a wire loop inside a modular jack, right???

I'm not sure what law restricts the use of any of those telephone devices. I could even think of uses for the telephone line blocker (ie. someone is beige boxing your line while you're at work, then again they could just disconnect your inside wiring from the TNI and the device is useless).

In any case if you want to build one of those things on your own just take an old piece of phone wire with a modular jack on it, cut all but 1 inch of the line off and tie the red (ring) and green (tip) lines together with a 600 ohm resistor. You're all set... unless my mind is playing tricks on me.

The first thing that we must keep in mind is that these devices were designed and made for specialized law-enforcement use. The phone line disabler wouldn't be resticted if it was just a regular modular plug...but if you read it carefully, it comes with 2 devices. "one that can be quickly removed after deployment, and one that, even if found, is exteremely difficult to remove". I wish I knew how that second one is designed...maybe this will involve the help of one of my friendly neighborhood policemen. They'll send that shit to him. Is it worth 20 bucks to find out what they mean?

The first thing that we must keep in mind is that these devices were designed and made for specialized law-enforcement use. The phone line disabler wouldn't be resticted if it was just a regular modular plug...but if you read it carefully, it comes with 2 devices. "one that can be quickly removed after deployment, and one that, even if found, is exteremely difficult to remove". I wish I knew how that second one is designed...maybe this will involve the help of one of my friendly neighborhood policemen. They'll send that shit to him. Is it worth 20 bucks to find out what they mean?

Ok, wait...I'm retarted...it just is designed to fit snug and flush in the wall but without the little lever arm thingy that allows you to remove the thing...duh

I know what you mean about the special design but I don't see it being that complex. Maybe I'll write a file on how to build that exact item. I think I can do it for just a few bucks in parts.

I dunno, I don't tend to trust anything online that says law enforcement only. I know a bunch of guys that are into that kind of stuff (ex-cops, locksmiths, etc) and everything that I've ever shown them can be found in regular trade mags usually for much better prices. For the most part places don't even pretend to check they just make you check some box that says you promise you're law enforcement.

Even from the picture it looks like an RJ-11 jack with a loop of wire inside and the tab broken off. <_<

Damn, I'm just a bitter old man. :P

EDIT: Bad english.

For the lock picking stuff there is a form where you 'promise' that you are a locksmith. For the 'law enforcement only' items, you must either include documentation with your order, or have it sent to a police station...

Well remember kids (lol) that when recording a phone convo you have to legaly say "hey Im recording is that ok with you?" and get there ok.. as for the "phone stoper" all you need to do is connect the ring and tip on a phone line and thats what you get...

Actually, in most of the US only one party on the line needs to know that the convo is being recorded. I think califonia is the only state where ALL parties on the line must be informed.

Some of those things are really cool. :lol: How did you find that site? I did a search on google a few times for telephone gadgets like those, but nothing good came up. Like you said, some of those things can be easily built, better in fact!

That "Phone Line Disabler" thing is way overpriced! Are they trying to accomplish the world's smallest busy box or what? A simple and more effective way to accomplish the same thing is to just take both the red & green wires of a telephone wire, and connect one end of each color to the color coded screws in the victim's TNI. Take the other 2 wires and connect them together! Works much better and is hard to detect.

Another thing I am wondering about is how the device that cause the victim to dial a wrong number works... Wonder... Wonder...

Actually, in most of the US only one party on the line needs to know that the convo is being recorded. I think califonia is the only state where ALL parties on the line must be informed.

The red and green wires Are the ring and tip ;)

And as for requesting the ability to record, nope.. its fed. law not state law.

If you want some more effectiveness use this one. Acoustic warfare isn't really a new thing, though. Although I'm not big into religon, in the bible it said that the walls of Jericho were destroyed by the sounds of some trumpets...

If you want some more effectiveness use this one. Acoustic warfare isn't really a new thing, though. Although I'm not big into religon, in the bible it said that the walls of Jericho were destroyed by the sounds of some trumpets...

So, are you saying we shouldn't because it may make people asses explode???

So, are you saying we shouldn't because it may make people asses explode???

Hmmm...you mean like this??

WARNING, DISCLAIMER, PELIGRO!! : DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK! you are better off not knowing what it is. STOP! I'm serious, don't do it...it may scar you for life.

thanks for the link, but, I'm not ganna click it.

Very wise decision. Maybe I shouldn't have put that there but, hey, you brought it up phreakblaze. If someone gets traumatized i'm blaming it on you. :lol: