Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xantr3x

Fedora 5

5 posts in this topic

I recently received a 5-disk copy of Fedora v5. How do I start the install during boot, because none of the files on CD 1 are executable. I've tried putting the "images" folder onto a disk and rebooting, but Windows just keeps trucking on, even with Bios set to check for a bootable disk before going to the hard disk.

How do I install?!?!?!

When you burned the images...did it burn them as ISO files, or did it extract the files from the image onto the CD.

I don't know, but that's a good idea.

P.S. I'm using CD-RW's, should it be DVD-R's?

To know if your CD burnt correctly, browse to it in Windows (assuming that's what you use currently). If you see a single file named something like fc-5-xxx.iso on the CD, then you burnt it incorrectly. If you see multiple files on the disk, you probably burnt it correctly.

Under most CD writing software you'll find an option along the lines of "burn image to disk" or "create disk from existing ISO", this is the way you want to do it. You may, depending on what burning software you have, be able to right-click the ISO file and see an option to do it that way.

Where did you get the files and what app are you using to burn? If there are 5 iso's then it is cd format, not DVD. Also, try pressing f12 durring primary boot, then selecting the correct drive. In any case, good luck.

:paw: Soho