Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
miche'le

Handles

37 posts in this topic

At the time I moved to Scotland I started playing SWG beta. I created the character Narlo (anagram for my gf's name :blush:). The name stuck for quite a bit. Then at some point I created a second character in EQ2 (which I was playing at the time). I was also reading the Belgariad saga (by David Eddings), so I decided to add a "Bel" to Narlo and voila...Belnarlo was born.

Edited by Belnarlo

I'm a geek, I lift weights, so.......

I was signing up for something and needed a handle. I didn't want to give my real name so I tried the 1st thing on they keyboard, qwerty. Taken. qwertyman, taken so I just added the 66 on the end. Real inventive I know, but I was about 12 at the time. That was nearly 8 years ago now. I might move on to another handle soon, but this one has lots of sentimental value so it will probably stay alongside even if I do start using something else.

My handle comes from " EYES ONLY " ...

Well when i first was signing up I was messing around with freedos (I love messing with random os's) and I love my ipod so I was like idk dos ... dangit dos... then I saw my ipod and thought there we go dospod

Mine is actualy a nickname I got when I was 10 or 11. I've used it ever since then, and my mother said she would support me if I legally added nugget to my name, like a second middle name. I never did that though... Everyone in my high school knows me as nugget, and my friends who created still call me by nugget. So I just took it to the net and if I can't get nugget (who the hell uses nugget besides me?) I use chaoticgeek or chaoticg33k. I've always like the word chaotic and I'm very geekish. I could use other terms besides geek I guess. I have also used RubyDragon because my birthstone is a ruby and I like fantasy creatures like dragons, although they probably existed at some point in time... That is a different topic though.

My handle started out as webtime7. Webtime was a local cybercafe in my little town of about 4500 people. I went there one day when i was about 12 or so and i got on computer number 7. I was playing Diablo 2 and i needed to make an account name and so thats how that got started. From then its evolved to xof7.

Amazing Juno Reactor Song, also...

Navras is a Sanskrit word that, when broken down, refers to the nine ("nava") emotional states ("rasa") that are exhibited during music, drama, and the visual arts, the experience of which bring about a state of transcendental bliss.

The nine different states are as follows:

Love

Humor

Pathos

Wrath

Heroism

Horror

Disgust

Supernaturalism

Peace

When playing Quake 2 back in the day I often went by c0ld_phuz10n, and it stuck. These days I usually shorten it to just cold_ for the sake of less l33tn355.

// cold_

My handle changes on a semi-annual basis. Helps me stay fresh I guess.