Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
miche'le

Handles

37 posts in this topic

Where Did you get your handle from?

Edited by miche'le

Me? kn0x called me and said that to sign up for something java9992003 or killermonkey999 (yeah - it was that bad :blush: ) won't cut it. I was like "Where the f--- do I get a good handle?" He said to look into mythology and I picked the eqyptian god of death and destruction :wacko:

I think mine is pretty obvious. An ohm is a measure of resistance to the flow of electrical charges. When ohm in taken, I'm mho, which is just the opposite. A mho is a measure of conductance. 1/ohm = mho/1

I'm not really much of a hardware hacker, but I certainly dabble and am handy with a soldering iron. I really should have chosen something related to the Ruby programming language..

being almost 16 years of age, I wasn't arround for the days of the Arpanet and Stankdawg's life, so I concider myself to be a part of the next generation of hacker, not one of these teenage cyberpunks

chick on irc for a mmorpg was using nepthys, so i decided to use osiris one day as an irc handle

then when the game started again, and osiris wasn't available for use, i decided to use Enkil based on anne rice's queen of the damned book... rice explains that in egyptian mithology, osiris is the name that was chosen, just like isis... but if anyone watched the movie/read the book (hope the latter) she said their real names were Enkil and Akasha

yea i like my vampy books tyvm.

When I turned 17, I unplugged from the hacking world because life (as it tends to do) interrupted...Regret was the new handled I decided was required because it is the single, most powerful feeling I have felt since I came back. Not regret as in "Damn it, why did I come back to this.", instead "Damn...I missed out on so much information and so many people, it will take forever to catch back up." The whole reason I came back was because of Radio Freek Ameria...and I regret missing out on the beginning of binrev when dual and bland were still around, but we still have the uber-leet StankDawg :voteyes:

Reading "The Anarchist's Cookbook" (or more accurately the Jolly Roger cookbook), there was an article added into the beginning by The Walking Glitch. Modified the name for my handle; of course this was some time in elementary school, guess it just stuck!

I usually go by "Germ" in RL, germ being short for Jeremy and the Xs (unlike what most people think, including Stank), aren't to make me "stand out" or "add flare". The Xs are because I'm Straight Edge..

haha....no hard feelings, though. I wouldn't expect anyone to know unless they were in the music scene.

I was going to be DJ Bizurke and pwn all the raves everywhere. Then I grew up and started listening to real music and became Bizurke. And to be honest I honestly meant for the name to be 'berserk' and just spelled it horribly wrong.

I stole mine from an image search on Gewgel (not sure what the search query was). I need a uniquer, and more original name though. :P

From my hotmail user account name. I was 12, and I loved the Navy Seals.

...of course "navyseals@hot..." was taken, so I became "airseal@hot..."

...my handle was thus Airseal.

...it later evolved into the simplified "Seal."

Well it started out as the way I drive. As in I drive hard and fast. It was also went with my computer hobby as in hard drive. I use the hdd gif as my avitar to represent this.

I got mine from the song Replica by Fear Factory. If you knew me you'd know that song represents me perfectly since I've lived a basically loveless life from my parents and I was born from statuatory rape. My dad wanted me to be one way to essentially become his replica.

Replica Lyrics
by Fear Factory

Huhh!
There is no love
I am a duplication
Innocently
I was conceived
So violently
There was no love
There was no love for me
There was only hatred
I am rape
I am hate
I am rape
I am hate
Every day I feel anonymous hate
Forever in the shadow of disgrace
I am rape
I am hate
I am rape
I am hate
Filled with pain
A bruised and darkened soul
Spare me from the
Life that's full of misery
I don't want to live that way
There is no love
I am rape
I am hate
I am rape
I am hate
Filled with pain
Spare me from the
I am so
Filled with pain
Spare me from the
I am so
Filled with pain
Spare me from the
Spare me from the
Life that's full of pain
Spare me from the
Life that's full of pain

I already had a handle on Binrev, Anthrax_Postman, but I felt it no longer represented me and was disrespectful. (Well my reason for choosing it was.)

I decided to choose my own path through my Indigenous roots that my parents have denied me.

To me the handle Replica reminds me that I make my own destiny.

Edited by Replica

Mine started as iam_yourcracked_atom

But that was too long, so I cut it down to crackedatom, and found that google knew of no one else called crackedatom, so it stuck because I like being different.

I'm up to about 2200 hit on google, but it seems to jump around from day today for some reason...also lets me see if anyone's been talking shit about me..hahahaha

It's my name plus the first letter of my last name.

If that ain't 1337 then I don't know what is.

I got mine from the song Replica by Fear Factory. If you knew me you'd know that song represents me perfectly since I've lived a basically loveless life from my parents and I was born from statuatory rape. My dad wanted me to be one way to essentially become his replica.

Replica Lyrics
by Fear Factory

Huhh!
There is no love
I am a duplication
Innocently
I was conceived
So violently
There was no love
There was no love for me
There was only hatred
I am rape
I am hate
I am rape
I am hate
I am rape
I am hate
I am rape
I am hate
Filled with pain
Spare me from the
There is no love
I am rape
I am hate
I am rape
I am hate
Filled with pain
Spare me from the
I am so
Filled with pain
Spare me from the
I am so
Filled with pain
Spare me from the
Spare me from the
Life that's full of pain
Spare me from the
Life that's full of pain

I already had a handle on Binrev, Anthrax_Postman, but I felt it no longer represented me and was disrespectful. (Well my reason for choosing it was.)

I decided to choose my own path through my Indigenous roots that my parents have denied me.

To me the handle Replica reminds me that I make my own destiny.

Well, aren't you cheery?

7 * 191 ?

ah now i know.

7 * 191 ?

ah now i know.

Hahaha..ermm..yeah

I stole mine from an image search on Gewgel (not sure what the search query was). I need a uniquer, and more original name though. :P

Decided that I was new here, so it wouldn't hurt that many people -- so I registered with a new name (read in a topic (by 'Admin') that binrev wouldn't change the name, and to just re-register with your new handle).

Anyhow, I got this name from an old World War II weapon (which happens to be my favorite weapon to use in my favorite game, Call of Duty: Finest Hour :D).

yep, it's just about as leet as DanielG's name :-P

Resistance is futile and all that shit!

Oh well, I really really really liked the borg on star trek, but it's more than that. Being a lover of both biology and tech, the concept of mixing them up just makes me go :D:D:D

Also, it's a reminder for what many times I perceive our future to be, drones, obey, don't think for yourself...

Finally the Borg, in some metaphorical way, reminds me of the "after all, we are all alike" (you should know where that comes from :P)

Artificial and biological, digital and analog, technological and spiritual/artistic at the same time.

In some ways we are all alike, in some we need to keep remembering that we are different and must remain so.

Basically, pseudo-philosophical crap!!

My full handle is Dr. Tim Dark-Jacket Dizzy Death Defying Mother Fucker Locke Wareta Ishi GRMN Minh Plasnecromaballz Fujitsu Sexy Beast Z2A, and I really don't have the initiative to explain all of that :P My website use to explain all of it, but I don't have it anymore cause I never used it for anything :(

Originally my handle was just plain Dr. Z2A. I chose Z2A because its like A to Z backwards, so kinda indicating that my mind is like an encyclopedia. Dr was added because I was listening to "Nuthin But A G Thang" by Dr. Dre when I made the handle :D I later was studying French philosophers in history at school and liked the philosophy of John Locke, so I made my handle Dr. Locke Z2A (which is what I go by most of the time now). Over time all of the other stuff was added to my name for various reasons. Some reflect back on funny conversations I've had, others were just put in there cause my friends said "hey, maybe you should put _____ in your name...", and others are there because I feel they represent me (sexy beast ftw), as well as various other random reasons.

the iceni were an old English tribe which routed the Roman army for abit. here's a picture of the warrior Queen of the iceni, called Boudicca. i suppose i was reading about her around the time i needed to come up with a handle.

10b.jpg