Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scriptkiddy

windows XP privilage escalation

14 posts in this topic

i really need to break into a XP box. i have a non privileged acc. usually i rebooted into minPE and added an admin acc or use the program.exe from antionline to add a admin acc but i am not allowed to write to C:\ and i cannot reboot the system. i tried to port forwarded my metasploit and tryed to do things but it doesn't work.

do u guys know any work around plz help

Edited by scriptkiddy

i really need to break into a XP box. i have a non privilaged acc. usually i rebootrd into minPE and added an admin acc or use the program.exe from antionline to add a admin acc but i am not autherrised to write to C:\ and i cannot reboot the system. i tryed to portforwared my metasploit and tryed to do things but it doesnt work.

do u guys know any work around plz help

Yes. Try learning English.

I find that very ignorant of you. If you just try a bit, you'll know what he wants. But you just saw the bad grammar and spelling errors and immediately wrote a stupid response instead of helping him. You're not degenerated just because you can't speak English, and no one deserves to be treated like that because if it. You whouldn't have said that if you weren't hiding behind your screen.

scriptkiddy: what program.exe from Antionline? Do you know what it does? What (if any) service pack is installed?

A while ago (I don't know if this still works) every program started with at.exe had SYSTEM privileges. Try starting cmd.exe through at.exe and adding a user through the command line, or start explorer.exe (Windows program manager). It might work.

I find that very ignorant of you. If you just try a bit, you'll know what he wants. But you just saw the bad grammar and spelling errors and immediately wrote a stupid response instead of helping him. You're not degenerated just because you can't speak English, and no one deserves to be treated like that because if it. You whouldn't have said that if you weren't hiding behind your screen.

scriptkiddy: what program.exe from Antionline? Do you know what it does? What (if any) service pack is installed?

A while ago (I don't know if this still works) every program started with at.exe had SYSTEM privileges. Try starting cmd.exe through at.exe and adding a user through the command line, or start explorer.exe (Windows program manager). It might work.

thanks for backing me mate.......thanks a million........... i was at my friends apartment enjoying a party and i drank a lot of FINLANDIA vodka... and logged into binrev thats why i wrote my message in buggy English. i agree i am not a native English speaker... i came to Ireland to do my masters in computer science i hope i can pick up my English while i am here.

well if u haven't used program.exe u must try that. I found it on antionline.com the note that comes with that package explains everything. if u have an unprivileged account all u need to do is to download this thing copy it to the root directory of your windows installation drive reboot your system and u will have another admin account created for u named "Hacker". it works perfect ... i know that at.exe i have tried it before. that tutorial is still on the net. but the problem is that u must have administrative privilege to run at.exe...

i cant find the program.exe any more i hope i have that in my back up drive... if u need that i give it to u no problem ...

Good, because I am indeed ignorant. If he wants a question answered, he should ask it in our language. Or, hell, ask it in his own language. Someone here might understand it better than his English.

Hey, vector.

i think we are changing the topic, its not about my bad English but it is about windows XP privilege escalation.

thanks for backing me mate.......thanks a million........... i was at my friends apartment enjoying a party and i drank a lot of FINLANDIA vodka... and logged into binrev thats why i wrote my message in buggy English. i agree i am not a native English speaker... i came to Ireland to do my masters in computer science i hope i can pick up my English while i am here.

Finlandia... Oh, the memories :wub:

well if u haven't used program.exe u must try that. I found it on antionline.com the note that comes with that package explains everything. if u have an unprivileged account all u need to do is to download this thing copy it to the root directory of your windows installation drive reboot your system and u will have another admin account created for u named "Hacker". it works perfect ...

Any idea what it really does? Knowing that, it whould probably be a piece of cake making a similar program that does the same thing.

i know that at.exe i have tried it before. that tutorial is still on the net. but the problem is that u must have administrative privilege to run at.exe...

Too bad :( Do you really have to have admin status to run it? Isn't it just cmd.exe that's blocked?

i cant find the program.exe any more i hope i have that in my back up drive... if u need that i give it to u no problem ...

It whould be fun to have a look at it, if you find it, PM me. I could try to reverse it. Thanks in advance :)

Google gives a few answers, but I havn't tried them personally.

Why not just use ophcrack (download the iso and burn with isopowertoy to a blank cd-r) to get the administrator password? It deciphers the passwords of all the users and barfs them out to you, without leaving a trace on the hard drive.

Why not just use ophcrack (download the iso and burn with isopowertoy to a blank cd-r) to get the administrator password? It deciphers the passwords of all the users and barfs them out to you, without leaving a trace on the hard drive.

That would be too easy. lol :P

That would be too easy. lol :P

You gotta do what you gotta do!

scriptkiddy said in his original post that he can't reboot the system so, Ophcrack does you no good. Now why he can't reboot is a whole other story...

Just put the Lophtcrack disk in the drive, pull the fucking plug then put it back in again.

WARNING: If the machine is on a LAN, Lophtcrack will take up to or more than an hour as it goes about retrieving ALL the passwords for the entire LAN.

--edit--

Excuse me.

Ophtcrack.

My bad.

Edited by MyNameIsURL