Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coop

PSP Hack

27 posts in this topic

Does anyone know a trusted site for PSP hacks? I have done some Google searches and see allot out there but anyone used some of the sites if so which one and did the hack work?

ok, i was really big into this over the summer and heres some of the sites i use

http://pspupdates.qj.net/

--this site is the most up to date one i found

http://www.psp3d.com/

-- this site is good if you have questions and its fourm is pretty good

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

-- not a bad site, alot of random games and emulators

This I will check these sites out

The thing is, hax are based on your firmware. 1.0 or 1.1 and your fine, so many hacks.

2.0 and you should be ok

2.1+ there are very few and the only ones I used nearly made me an expensive brick

I'd stick with PSP Updates, as ansem227 mentioned. Got all my downgrade and custom firmware stuff from them, and I haven't had a problem yet! :)

There are also YouTube videos of PSP hacks.

yeah i saw some of people's custom firmware

but i never installed any beause i even tho they my be "safe" there always is a chance it will brick your PSP

and the only fix for that currently is spending 100 dollors and buy a mod chip

If it makes you feel better, I have installed the SE-B firmware on seven different PSP(s) with no problems.

pspfanboy.com thats the ticket. you can homebrew 2.80 now!

pspdev.org

Alot of good reading there and alot of the devs hand out there or used to it may have been taken over by the fan boys.

I have Gtalcs and i cant remeber the url for this site but if you can find a psp with a system of lower than i think 2.7 you can put thease hacks on that will make you fly or have automatic rocket launcher. it is owsome. Also i have a friend who is going to put window 95 on his psp. i will post some screen shot later.

http://www.hacker.co.il/psp/bochs/

http://www.engadget.com/2005/03/31/psp-hacks-roundup/

I have Gtalcs and i cant remeber the url for this site but if you can find a psp with a system of lower than i think 2.7 you can put thease hacks on that will make you fly or have automatic rocket launcher. it is owsome. Also i have a friend who is going to put window 95 on his psp. i will post some screen shot later.

http://www.hacker.co.il/psp/bochs/

http://www.engadget.com/2005/03/31/psp-hacks-roundup/

WOW I am glad i am not the only one that is worried about crashing my PSP,

I used to be big into this scene over the summer, but the last time I checked you were able to run homebrew on every firmware and able to downgrade most of them. Win95 runs very sloww on a PSP.

This may be a little late but i have found www.psp-hacks.com to be the best site for basic stuff on the psp ie the latest someone trying to get linux working on the psp and dark alex's latest firmware 3/03oe-b2

I'm too poor to put my PSP at risk, so I've not actually tried any hacks. Get the firmware made by 'Dark_Alex', it's awesome. You can play Playstation 1 games that you download from the net (Try Demonoid.com). I wish I haden't upgraded to the latest Sony firmware (3.03), but what's done is done.

I can however, play .Swf files through the browser from my memory stick.

The best i can say is i have a pdf document that shows how to take your psp apart and also tells you the file structures and so on for the psp if anyone would like a copy then pm me

my stupid ass upgraded to 3.02 before I checked the web for mods. Now I get to wait for them to "fix" 3.02

There's going to be a downgrader for Firmware 3.03, according to N00bz.eu. Here's the link. It should be out within a week, they managed to go back and find a bug that wasn't patched in the GTA:LCS. There's an update on psp-hacks.com.

Enjoy.

It has been released and so has sonys 3.10 firmware how long do we think it will be before that is broken and handed back to them on a plate why dont they just embrace it and release something cool like vb or c++ for the psp

It has been released and so has sonys 3.10 firmware how long do we think it will be before that is broken and handed back to them on a plate why dont they just embrace it and release something cool like vb or c++ for the psp
As long as there is a chance you can play pirate psp games, never. This is Sony "we-rootkit'ed-your-cds" that we are talking about here.

that is true but it just seems the more sony try to mak onsoles stop pirated games the more we try to break there spirits. The best ever ps3 comes out days later linux is running on it and running the mario brothers

Latest update on Sony's new firmware. Tushot03 is right, they did hand it back to Sony on a plate.

"Ah ha! Good morning, and what a morning! Team C+D has done it again with successfully decrypting the latest PSP firmware — 3.10.

1. Download the firmware 3.10 update and the new PSAR dumper

2. Copy “psar_dump2″ and “psar_dump2%” to the correct location on your memory stick (GAME or GAME150 depending on your configuration — must be ran under the 1.50 kernel)

3. Use PBP Unpacker to extract DATA.PSAR from the 3.10 update EBOOT

4. Run PSAR Dumper

Kudos on that! And thanks to absolutely everyone who dropped me an email with the news.

Are you anticipating what I’m anticipating? ;)

Download:

PSAR Dumper (for 3.10)

3.10 Update EBOOT

PBP Unpacker

"

HOMEBREW WORKS GOOD , JUST MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT THE READ ME FILE CAUSE ONE LITTLE MISTAKE AND YOU CAN BRICK YOUR PSP ...

Well as always, just as dark released custom firmware 3.10ae-a, and the update 3.10oe-a2, sony have to release firmware 3.11 said to patch network issuses. Yeah cause we believe thats the only reason they released it. But i would not upgrade to this latest custom homebrew just yet as xflash is not yet compatible.

This mean no custom xmb icons no custom fonts etc may have to wait a while longer now.

I HATE SONY WE HAND OUT ROOT KITS TO STOP COPY RIGHTS ABUSE.

let people run homebrew on there psp we brought the dam things to play with not to be restricted if your gonna release something at least let people be able to customize it.