CerealKiller

Will the Wii get hacked within a day?

48 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

Since the Wii will be able to get online wirelessly and uses opera. Who here says the Wii will get hacked within a day?

It's possible but I belive that most hackers arn't going to get it the first day and the majority of the rest won't attempt to hack it right away. Who are left will fail.

Just imagine calling nintendo support and saying " Why yes I think some one has hacked my Wii!!! " I still can't ponder why they would name a game console Wii? Is it asian for something?

No, you're playing it and you're like:

"WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!"

Edited by Phr34kn_Phantom

I voted no because so little people are going to buy the wii, that hacking your washing machine would time better spent.

I voted no because so little people are going to buy the wii, that hacking your washing machine would time better spent.

Actually I am expecting Nintendo here to have a big come back. Not only is the console cheap, but I bet this time since they will be getting more sales so that means more worthwhile games will come out for it. Not every parent is going to shell out the money for an xbox360 or a ps3

i thought Opera browser wasnt going to be ready for launch, i'm getting a wii Sunday. And it connects via wifi im my house, maybe i can do a MITM attack on it lol. disassociating it would be easy i used to do that with my nintendo DS when it first came out, lol. i wasn't hacking the DS as much as the router with fake ARP requests though.

Maybe someone will code up a funky emulator for this thing soon. God have mercy on the soul who tries to do that.

Nintendo Wii = Teh 1337

I say no.

Nintendo Wii = Teh 1337

I say yes.

I take that back. I heard today that the PS3 has sold only about 10% as many units as the Wii did.

I take that back. I heard today that the PS3 has sold only about 10% as many units as the Wii did.

Sony also cannot produce PS3s as fast and once the current supply of <400,000 units is up, the next shipment isn't until January or February 2007. Nintendo, on the other hand, had over 1M units at launch. Who do you think is more prepared for this? Sony lost customers due to their shortsightedness and the Wii's sheer force in numbers.

Many people are discounting the Wii simply because A. it's Nintendo and B. the name is silly. But they've yet to see screens of PS3 games compared to their 360 cousins (Ridge Racer, anyone?) and are blind fanatics going on "OMG" factor alone.

Sony also cannot produce PS3s as fast and once the current supply of <400,000 units is up, the next shipment isn't until January or February 2007. Nintendo, on the other hand, had over 1M units at launch. Who do you think is more prepared for this? Sony lost customers due to their shortsightedness and the Wii's sheer force in numbers.

Many people are discounting the Wii simply because A. it's Nintendo and B. the name is silly. But they've yet to see screens of PS3 games compared to their 360 cousins (Ridge Racer, anyone?) and are blind fanatics going on "OMG" factor alone.

Not to mention that Sony lost over $60,000 this quarter due to PS3 development, their company is riding on the console. The Playstation 3, with its very high price tag is only practical for hard core gamers. Casual gamers and kids, of whom there are more, will go for the Wii. It's simple. Most sales in a few months will be the Wii or 360, with the PS3 coming in at a far 3rd place. That's just my 2 cents.

Not to mention that Sony lost over $60,000 this quarter due to PS3 development, their company is riding on the console. The Playstation 3, with its very high price tag is only practical for hard core gamers. Casual gamers and kids, of whom there are more, will go for the Wii. It's simple. Most sales in a few months will be the Wii or 360, with the PS3 coming in at a far 3rd place. That's just my 2 cents.

Plus they lost the money in the dual shock lawsuit. I stood in line for 6 hours to get a Wii and my wal-mart only had 22 and i was #23. I've called around and nobody has any.

Plus they lost the money in the dual shock lawsuit. I stood in line for 6 hours to get a Wii and my wal-mart only had 22 and i was #23. I've called around and nobody has any.

Why not just camp out and wait for the next delivery?

And on another note, has anyone noticed any changes in the ps3 controller from Dualshock 2 to SUXASSES other than the really bad l2/r2 buttons?

I am currently hacking my Wii as I type this and hope to have a web browser working in time for the next 2600 meeting. Some of you might not know this but the web browser for the Wii isn't out yet, so I'm working on getting around a few things to get access to the web. So far it is going well :).

Hehe.

You (being a male) to your friend (that's a male): "Wanna' go play on my Wii?"

I am currently hacking my Wii as I type this and hope to have a web browser working in time for the next 2600 meeting. Some of you might not know this but the web browser for the Wii isn't out yet, so I'm working on getting around a few things to get access to the web. So far it is going well :).

I am also very close to this. It took about 5 minutes for me to see the default Apache page from a local Apache server on my Wii. We should chat and compare notes.

From the looks of it it looks like the Wii hacked itself.

Houston, Wii've got a problem?

11/22/2006 6:13:21 PM, by Jeremy Reimer

Any piece of consumer electronics is bound to ship with a small number of units affected by hardware problems. From manufacturing defects to units manhandled during shipping, a small percentage of devices will exhibit some kind of abnormality. Still, with the recently introduced Nintendo Wii containing untested electronics in the form of the motion sensor, it is a useful task to see if early adopters are having any more problems than usual. The answer: not really.

The official Nintendo Wii forums have been host to a number of folks having various issues with their brand new console. One person had their Wiimotes go out of sync and resist repeated manual resyncing. Another had their Wii freeze up in standby mode.

Connecting the Wii to the Internet has proven problematic for some users. The console will display numeric error messages if it cannot connect to the Wii's network. Error 110213 is a typical message, which can sometimes be resolved by upgrading the firmware for certain brands of routers (such as Linksys) but in other situations indicates a hardware failure for which the unit must be replaced. There were also reports of DNS propagation issues with the newly-launched Wii store.

Others found that the console worked well until the first software update was installed from the Internet, after which the dreaded 110213 error made its appearance. However, the number of users affected by the update bug appears to be quite small.

Some gamers have reported that the Wiimote sensor is sensitive to light from the sun, as well as highly reflective surfaces between the player and the sensor bar. Changing the environment that the Wii is played in seems to fix these problems.

Minor but still irritating issues include some units being unable to recognize SD memory cards—as the Wii has no internal hard drive, it can use flash memory cards to extend its built-in storage. According to the manual, the Wii supports the SD format.

Nintendo has announced that they will replace damaged Wii consoles free of charge, so the only downside for afflicted gamers is having to wait for a replacement unit. After three days of the Wii being available, the hardware problems thread in the support forum had barely made it to the second page of posts (21 in total). While this is a completely unscientific measurement of how many people are having problems, the low number of posts does point to the problems being fairly rare. We'll keep an eye on future Wii issues, but for now, the problems don't seem widespread enough to discourage anyone from picking one up. Your biggest challenge will be Black Friday crowds and the general rush of the Christmas shopping season.

Look for a complete Ars Technica review of the Wii, coming very soon!

from Nintendo.com: Wii Connect 24 Errors

If you are receiving the following error message:

"There is a problem with the Wii Connect 24 service. Please try again later"

...we ask that you call as at (800) 255-3700 to resolve this issue.

Godspeed sir, Godspeed. I am going to try to make it to the next Chicago 2600 and so I'll be looking forward to it.