Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Y0ungBra1n

12 year old pays 2,000 to RIAA!!!

25 posts in this topic

Somebody needs to giv ethe RIAA a swift kick in the NUTS!

You know that she couldn't afford to do anything but settle. It's too bad that they couldn't have fought it and made it into a publicity nightmare for the RIAA. "RIAA attacks 12 year old girl".

<sarcasm>

Great job guys!!

</sarcasm>

fukking assholes...

And so the war rages on.. but in the end... who will it be that spills the last drop of sweat... which side will call out the last foul... who will it be that just doesnt care anymore?

:pirate:

PS: IM STILL FILE SHARING YOU ASSHOLES.

I don't agree but i still have to say, 12 is old enough to understand right/wrong, and she is an honors student so I dont' see why she is so surprised when she actually gets sued for doing something illegal...

Although I do agree this is pretty low for a poor family..

When cassette tapes first came out, they wanted to make it a violation of copyright laws to make a copy of a record onto cassette. That, of course, never became a reality. Sharing music online is the EXACT same thing, albiet on a much larger scale. The simple fact is though, that if you are not SELLING copyrighted material, it really should not be against the law. Suing a 12 year old girl is a clear example that this is out of control. Now, as for me, while I will download any music from a major label, I do prefer to purchase cd's released on smaller labels. a band like KMFDM, for instance, pretty much pays for their records and tours from their own pockets...so i buy thier material in the store. But any music from 'the big 6', copy it. No matter what anyone says, IT IS NOT STEALING, it is sharing. If you disagree, then you are wrong! :grr:

I could write volumes on how our government has betrayed its citizens on many different levels, but I'll just make it concise. If this is the big thing on the news, and you have media outlets telling you that you are a criminal for sharing music and movies, then we are fucked big time. Our government is there to work for the people, not HUGE corporations. When a 12 year old girl is being sued, and that flies with our elected officials, then the govenment has lost its right to govern. Whatever the case, a half-assed lawyer could have got that thrown out, shes a fucking MINOR! Her parents are cum-drenched fuckholes, but the RIAA...what does that make them?? :grr: :grr: :grr:

This makes me ill... I literally want to vomit when I heard this story.

Sure, the girl knows right from wrong... but just because it's against the law to do something doesn't mean its wrong. If over 100 million people are breaking a law, there's something wrong with the law, not the people.

Good work RIAA, let's attack a poor (I mean financially) girl. The only thing missing from this story was that she wasn't in a wheelchair. What somebody needs to do is this:

-Make a list of who got what percentage of that 2000$

The people on the list can then feel better for themselves knowing they took away this little girl's future college tuition because she broke the law by loving her favorite artists too much.

Good fucking job, RIAA

I can't wait until they sue a deaf man.

What I would have loved to have seen was more attention dedicated to the other aspects of this story, but all I saw were a few articles online and in those tabloid newspapers. Overall the story focused on the fact that the RIAA actually sued a twelve year old, and how ridiculous that was, but it never really surprised me. I had a feeling from the beginning that the primary targets would be the technologically astute people, the ones that enjoy "popular" music, and the ones with enough time to download it all...kids.

I would have loved to read more about the people that question the RIAA, not just one girl saying she had no idea it was wrong. Because in the end, it looks like the articles are saying "yes it was wrong, but should they have gone after a twelve year old..." Where's the opposition? Like sw1gger said, just because something is illegal doesn't make it wrong. There was a time blacks couldn't sit at the front of the bus after all...

But of course, that's not the popular side of the story. What newspaper wants to run a story about how people demand the right to hear music? Would YOU really want to defy the RIAA like that if you were running a newspaper that paid the bills?

What needs to happen is simple. If so many people are outraged by the RIAA's tactics, they need to stand outside their front door and shout to high heaven. Protest night and day so the media has no choice but to report the story, and hopefully then others around the world will see that others think just as they do and rise up. Remember prohibition, remember the damn boston tea party if you want, just get off your ass and take a stand. Hell, just tell me where and when.

they really shot themselves in the foot with that one

now the question is: who's the most retarded, the RIAA or SCO? ;)

anywho, im still filesharing

What I really loved about this story was how it transformed from a "RIAA IS THE DEVIL AND SUING A POOR LITTLE GIRL!" type story into "The RIAA has forgiven the little princess of her sins after pointing their finger and saying 'BAD GIRL!' in a loving yet stern tone.'

When will people wake the fuck up

but if the RIAA forgive her then wont the others say "if she doesn't get sued then i shouldn't be either, i'm poor too, boo-hoo-hoo"

I :heart: FILE SHARING YOU FUCKNUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god this is just fucked. i am seriously thinking of sending the riaa hate mail....and lots of it. oh man, i am getting so pissed off! :grr: :grr: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :voteno: :voteno: :voteno: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :ranaway: :ranaway: :ranaway: :ahole:

hmmm.. perhaps pimpshare should be brought into effect after all.

Are you headed to junior high schools to round up the usual suspects?" Durbin asked RIAA President Cary Sherman during a Senate Judiciary hearing.

From the article:

[brianna added: "I am sorry for what I have done. I love music and don't want to hurt the artists I love." ]

Sounds sort of like:

"I have been an agent of Goldstien. I have plotted to destroy the Party. I am sick and guilty of thoughtcrime and am thankful I was punished."

Hmph. Those bastards should be very proud of themselves trying to prosecute a 12 year old. It says as much about their case as the industry "heavyweights" like Peter Gabrial and Mandy Moore that they had on the RIAA site a while back saying that file sharing is bad.

I haven't gotten anything via p2p in over a year, mainly cuz I just haven't had time to play and search for stuff. Just started up again this weekend. Fuck 'em.

The sad thing is, with all the priests in that area mis-using 12 year olds, the RIAA doing it doesnt couse a stir.. it needs to be made more public so people will fight back, Im just waiting for a group of angry parents to get together and ream the RIAA.. Thats one thing I respect about humanity is the rage of a parent protecting its child; sure its often misused, but in this case Im sure it would be very helpfull in bitchslapping the RIAA.

but just because it's against the law to do something doesn't mean its wrong.

AMEN!

i don't know if this is worse but its just as stupid of the RIAA

my wife was telling me about this 71 year old guy that is geting sued because his grand kids were file sharing off his computer. apparently this guy is refusing to do anything with this with the defence of "i did't do it"!!! so is it now just a money hungery attack at everyone reguardless of if YOU have downloaded mp3 of kazza or morpheus or if it was your equipment that was used to do it?

another thing my wife and i were discussing this and she said what if our kid did this and we had to pay 2000 dollars for this... would you be pissed at her? i thought about it and i said at first i would be but then you have to think.... im an adult... i watch the news.... so if i didn't then tell my kid to not file share and if she really had to do it use something besides what they are looking at.... would that make me a bad parent? the fact that i couldn't take part in my childs life long enough for me to make sure that she didn't get in trouble for this shit??? both me and my wife said yes that it would make us bad parents!!! where is that 12 year olds parents??? don't they have anything to say about how they didn't have enough time to see what little suzy was doing on the internet downloading mp3's??? to be honest... it is a horrible thing for the RIAA to do expessially to a 12 year old kid but, i'm fucking glad that these shit for brain parents have to pay this shit!!! when i found out that kazza and morpheus were being watched my the RIAA i told my wife, my brother in law, my father in law and my parents to get their asses off of there and get on to something else if need be. Im not going to see any of my family get in trouble for this shit!!! still downloading just not off kazza or morpheus!!!

sorry

</rant>

They don't sue by equipment, he was their guardian and he owns the computer so it's his fault, if the kids were 18+ then they would be sued.

where is that 12 year olds parents??? don't they have anything to say about how they didn't have enough time to see what little suzy was doing on the internet downloading mp3's???

Those kid's parents were working at their second job so they can eat dinner that night....

ok, wait so is it just those clients>?! i mean morpheus is on gnutella right? wouldn't that include limewire bearshare and gtk-gnutella?!?!

i dont file share :) i got my pirat...errr people :D :pirate:

out of curosity how many of the artists even get a cut from all these lawsuits?

The one thing I really want to know, is why there is such a great outcry from the RIAA and MPAA to stop movie and music piracy, but there isn't as much as a squeak that we've seen about software piracy on P2P. You would think this would be a huge issue. Have software publishing company's given up hope or are they just waiting to see what happens with music pirates?

oh, they're lurkin voodu, you can be sure of that, they just know that less ppl pirate software than music, and that the ppl who pirate software are USUALLY (as in not all the time) more tech savvy and would find a way or two around copy protection and prolly avoid going to trial through the invention of new software.

Wouldn't it be odd for a deaf man to be downloading music? Or was that the joke?

Wouldn't it be odd for a deaf man to be downloading music? Or was that the joke?

rotflmao!!!!