Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dox

linux and virus scanners

7 posts in this topic

i just hopped on edonkey and started downloading some things the other day, and about midway through one large file it struck me. i have absolutely no idea what kind of anti-virus software is available for linux. do you guys have any recomendations?

You don't need it. Just run chkrootkit and keep patches up to date, there are no real viruses or worms for Linux...

You don't need it. Just run chkrootkit and keep patches up to date, there are no real viruses or worms for Linux...

............yet...........

as linux grows you can BET on new worms/viruses

Biggest thing was Slapper but people were fore warned... Plus it only got like 2 thousand people, NIMDA has gotten like 400,000 and is still sperading :angry: And since I use *BSD I have a level of obscurity because all offsets and shellcode are different for me... Plus W^X and ProPolice should protect me too. Take that worm :)

You were on eDonkey? I can't get that to run under Linux. Course I know pretty much nothing about Linux so that's probably the problem.

it was fairly painless with redhat, what with the magic of rpm's and whatnot. the only trouble i had was with my router blocking the port it needed.