isolationX

How did you...?

252 posts in this topic

IronGeek is affiliated to binrev. i think anyway. i stumbled onto irongeek and found my self here.
i feel at home in such a friendly community. glad this is here. i will be sticking around for a while.

Thanks for the Forum

I was searching for a web crawler that could utilize cookies to access pw protected sites.

I leaned about it through an ad in 2600. Glad I did, as this place seems to be a great resource!

I found a site that had been defaced and they used the Hackers & Crackers song so I googled it and found this site. I still haven't decided if it is geared towards the area of security penetration that i'm interested in but I will check it out

i cant remember exactly but, i found it when lookin for somthing on google. Edited by game freak

[quote name='Eggy Sadow' post='288412' date='Nov 18 2007, 11:16 PM'][quote name='Red Rose' post='288389' date='Nov 19 2007, 12:09 PM']Eggy Shadow told me[/quote]

Did I?
[/quote]
Yes you did

You forget things too much

Saw StankDawg present on many occasions, listened to RFA and BRR for years. Never really got all taht active in any forums, although I did some usenet for a whiel back in the day. I knew about the site, just now finally registered and decided to really put in some time to participate.

my friend wouldn't stop talking about, finally decided to see what he was so hyped up about

I heard a lot about it at HOPE but was too lazy to research it, and then I found docdroppers through StumbleUpon which led me to Bin Rev :)

I refound binref a.k.a I'M BACK (not that anyone missed me) through a "TODO:" line.

Hmmm, Google. I was looking for a hex editor, when I ran across a forum that posted links to numerous hacking communities. That's when I found binrev.com and decided it was the best looking one with a fair amount of educated people. Edited by r4p1d

i found binrev through the talk strom and black ratchet did on asterisk and i did some searching and found the podcast then finlly found the archive and listen to all the shows and then the forums

A couple of weeks ago I started searching for a forum/community that wasn't just about the technology, but also had a bit of philosophy along with it. And of course Google never fails to impress :)

The first way I heard about it was through the airsoft mod, but I was looking at binary clocks on google and sure enough it came up it BinRev.

I forgot. Seriously. I have no idea how I got here.

Don't drink the water (cookies for whoever gets the reference).

But actually I don't even remember. Probably Google I guess. Edited by Cyberpunk

googling for some random text files --> OldSkoolPhreak --> here

It was late spring of 2051. There I was, surrounded, there must have been at least 20 of em'. I was fightin' my absolute hardest and had managed to take down about 19 of em' but there was still a good 50 left... I executed a few quick maneuvers, kicked a guy in the crotch and took out all but 1337 of em'. With my last drop of energy I pulled out my portable Antikythera Mechanism and googled www.binrev.com.....and I've been here ever since. Edited by TheFunk

undergroundnews.com forum> default radio> binrev

I was searching for info on revealing the phone numbers of private callers and I remember someone making a post along the lines of "you should listen to episode x of default radio"