isolationX

How did you...?

252 posts in this topic

2600 -> Phone Losers -> RantRadio -> BinRev

subversus

I was googling hacking podcasts, and came across http://www.hackerprojects.org.

That's where I found most of my current favorite podcasts. BinRev's on there of course, as well as Off The Hook, PLA, TWAT, The Linux Action Show, IronGeek's show, BlueBox, etc.

After listening to a few eps of BinRev I realized that it was definitely one of the better hacker communities out here, so I joined the forums.

Ironically, I found out about BinRev on a PLA phone bridge. :ninja:

I had completely forgotten about that. Thanks for the memory...

First Post

I eventually found the phone in question randomly one day. It had quite a few holes and dents, but it still workes and I still have it. The dog has since died, though. :cry:

Edited by Parapsycho

After reading the advert in the back of a copy of 2600, I took a look, liked what I saw and haven't looked back. :wub:

Ironically, I found out about BinRev on a PLA phone bridge. :ninja:

I had completely forgotten about that. Thanks for the memory...

First Post

I eventually found the phone in question randomly one day. It had quite a few holes and dents, but it still workes and I still have it. The dog has since died, though. :cry:

I actually remember that...

But anyway, I found Binrev through Phreak and Geeks. I was looking for a way to communicate with the older phreaks of the past to try an learn their ways. Big thanks to Ic0n for having that place, but an even bigger [thanks] for Stank hosting his forums.

Wow, nearly 4 years ago...

...I almost forgot about my first post.

Edited by Y0ungBra1n

Found it while looking up info about macchanger at Irongeeks, through the "forum" link.

hmm if found this site by searching for pictures related to my most used nick...renegade334

the top result was this forum :D

Met Seal and Aghaster at a MTL2600 meeting -

encouraged to join (with a little arm twisting ;) )

havent forgotten the pics btw

had a grand time,

thanks guys

p.s. still rolling my eyes over that podcast! :D

Met Seal and Aghaster at a MTL2600 meeting -

encouraged to join (with a little arm twisting ;) )

havent forgotten the pics btw

had a grand time,

thanks guys

p.s. still rolling my eyes over that podcast! :D

hehe, can you send me those pics by email?

My brother had an one old BRR episode in his playlist. I saw it, and I saw that was really long, and I had no idea what it was, so I listened to it. At this point I searched for binary revolution radio on google and there it was. So really, it was my brother who introduced me to it.

Edited by relyt_123

Was listening to some security related podcasts and decided I needed more 'meat'. Did some searching and found a site titled 'security podcasts that don't suck' and that steered me to the podcast and then I ended up here.

Good ole Irongeek linked to it. I just wanna learn.

Roundabout ways, first old 2600/oth/Cdc, then tangent-ed, Then re-vamped by Strom's security article while doing SIM research on my litronic 210 reader, then itunes while being bored and caught up on the podcasts.. Then started messing with barcode scanner hacking and thought I would read the forums and got hooked on the retail hacking part.. Since most wont touch it, and I have no time to deal with most IRC humor and egg shells of getting punted for being too lazy to read the rules..

typed a string of text in google a year ago

ended up here

Edited by sycorax

Stank's 7th cousin showed it to me! I recall his name was SnoopDawg.... If I remembe correct :P

Binrev came up on the jinx forums and i checked it out. From then on I loved it <3 I have also like.. Totally abandonded the jinx forums.

Found an article on watching webcams on google (pretty much worthless)>Google Hacks>Johnny.ihackstuff.com>no tech hacking article>Art of Electronic Deduction> YOU ARE HERE X

Well, I found Binrev while searching for why Blacklisted 411 wasn't producing any more magazines. I took a look at the topics and I was impressed by the quality and I joined. Thats my story and this is my first post. Can't wait to post another !!

And, whoever reads this, I've a first suggestion, I think you need to put a Quick Reply box so that I can reply much quickly without a pageload to come to this page.

listened to the HOPE 6 conferrence. then google.

I got a call from a telamarketer on my cell and put the number in google to start to figure out who they were, and this forum is the only place that came up with that number on all the search engines. I find that very interesting.