Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chaostic

BinRev crashing Safari

21 posts in this topic

Ever since the board was switched to the new software a while back, I have noticed that it keeps crashing Safari, constantly but not always. IE a thread will crash it on the first load, but maybe not the second or third, but will crash it eventually. Hence i have stop visiting the forum. Any info on why? Any plan on upgrading the forum software again to fix this if it has been a fixed bug?

Ever since the board was switched to the new software a while back, I have noticed that it keeps crashing Safari, constantly but not always. IE a thread will crash it on the first load, but maybe not the second or third, but will crash it eventually. Hence i have stop visiting the forum. Any info on why? Any plan on upgrading the forum software again to fix this if it has been a fixed bug?

Do you have the latest version of Safari?

firefox!

second that :paw:

third that? :lol:

How do you say that for the 4th "seconding"...? lol (owner of a firefox t-shirt)

Opera! Firefox is bloated buggy slow crap following in Opera's footsteps, use the original "alternative" browser!

Firefox, bloated?

Yes, though originally designed to be a small, minimal browser, it's grown into what it was trying to fix. Opera has integrated mail and chat clients and still manages to be faster and more stable than this buggy Firefox thing. It's also free (as is beer) now, so unless you're an open source purist, it's really worth a try. It really is a better browser than Firefox.

<RelevantPost>I don't see any reason Binrev would crash Safari</RelevantPost>

I don't use safari, but you may want to look through the bug list or mailing list (if there is one) and see whats up. You probably aren't the first to use safari and have invision pages crashing the browser if the issue is that it is invision and not some plugin or other issue.

There is no reason that this should happen. We have over 16,000 hits from Safari browsers this month so far, so it seems to be fine for everyone else. I have not heard anyone else say anything. And The forums are very straight-forward and produce standard code. Maybe Safari just doesn't render something properly? *shrug* I don't know what to say except that you could also try the low-bandwidth link at the bottom of the page and that will only give you the basic content for reading only without the functionality of posting and such.

Safari 1.3.2 is the latest version of safari for OS X 10.3.9.

I don't see why binrev should be crashing it either, given that the one plugin I use (Ape Manager), I removed and the problem presisted. And only on binrev (Only invision board I frequent).

Don't know if it would be useful to you, but i could post the crash reporters logs for safari, showing which threads were running when it crashed.

And if I wanted to use firefox/camino/opera/lynx or any other browser, I would.... Other then this silly crashing business, firefox only has half of one thing over safari, and that's its tabs and commands for the tabs. Not enough to add more to my laptop.

Don't know if it would be useful to you, but i could post the crash reporters logs for safari, showing which threads were running when it crashed.

Not really useful to us, but to the Safari developers it would be.

I have no problems looking at the forums in Safari on my 1.24ghz PPC Mac mini. What version of OSX are you running?

I googled Safari crashes Invision, and there is a bug dealing with webcore, invision boards and latency. Submit the crash logs to appropiate bug reporting channels, update what you can, and in the meantime use Camino if it is an issue for you. That is the common consensus. I don't use Macs, so the advice is Intarweb advice, not mine. HTH

There is no reason that this should happen. We have over 16,000 hits from Safari browsers this month so far, so it seems to be fine for everyone else. I have not heard anyone else say anything. And The forums are very straight-forward and produce standard code. Maybe Safari just doesn't render something properly? *shrug* I don't know what to say except that you could also try the low-bandwidth link at the bottom of the page and that will only give you the basic content for reading only without the functionality of posting and such.

I have never had a problem with safari crashing while im on binrev.

And for surfing its all about Torpark!

Its probably just the old version I'm using compared to Safari 2.x on Tiger/10.4. The safari project/apple won't be updating it (not a security issue) So I'll stick to binrev on damnsmalllinux/firefox or at work.

I just recently visited the forum via safari on 10.3.9, and it worked just fine. You tried clearing out the cache ?