Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RodgaDaShruba

monopoly

14 posts in this topic

so yeah heard about the new monopoly with the credit cards instead of paper money, but it hase a mag strip reader/writer with it... i wonder how easy it would be to use it for reading more the monopoly cards... anybody know if that is just way off or an actual possibility?

That does solve a large problem with monopoly. Several, actually.

• Kids who can't make change or keep their money organized can now play easily.
  • You can never run out of money (we had to start using 1's and 5's as $1,000 and $5,000 bills many, many times).
  • It's harder to cheat (cheat? me? naw...).

But what happens to the gigantic pile of money in the middle?!

That does solve a large problem with monopoly. Several, actually.

• Kids who can't make change or keep their money organized can now play easily.
  • You can never run out of money (we had to start using 1's and 5's as $1,000 and $5,000 bills many, many times).
  • It's harder to cheat (cheat? me? naw...).

But what happens to the gigantic pile of money in the middle?!

But now you gotta have batteries. As much as I love technology, I have relying on it for every single thing.

Kids learn maths through games like this, seriously...and now they have a little maichine doing it for them.

It may solve some problems, but it creates just as many.

It would be really fun to hack tho...hehehe...there's one way to cheat...start the game with your own hacked card and $1000,000,000 :devil:

I'd actually like to get my hands on a card reader/writer and a monopoly credit card and see whats stored on it.

i think it would take the fun away because there is no way to say " LOOK AT ALL MY 500'S" and yeah more batteries ..

I love technology, but Monopoly is much better off the way it is. I think that it will make dealing with money in the game more of a pain in the ass, there is only going to be one reader/writer. It is easier to count out $26 than to swipe your card, enter the cash to be transfered, and then swipe the card of the person who gets the $26.

Come to think of it, it will probably only read and the cards will have a unique identifier and store the values in the reader.

I think the only reason they are only doing this is for sales, who doesn't already have a copy of monopoly?

sad

kids now wont be able to even count

Yeah, soon schools will no longer teach math the traditional way. Instead of learning long division they'll use their calculators :nono:

sad

kids now wont be able to even count

Yeah, soon schools will no longer teach math the traditional way. Instead of learning long division they'll use their calculators :nono:

"Now kids, take out your calculators, because today we'll be learning basic addition!"

Technology needs to draw the lines somewhere. Personally, I'd rather not have machines govern my life, thank you.

.....But what happens to the gigantic pile of money in the middle?!

hah actually according to the actual rules of the game that pile of money shouldnt exist. alot of people use the free parking to collect this cash, but in the rule book that part of the game is just known as 'free parking' and goes on to say "you may sit in this spot for free of charge." personally i find it alot more fun to put all the taxes and whatnot in there.

on topic... it could be rather interesting to see this game. i wonder if the deeds also have some sort of stripe on them. if so do you swipe the card and then the deed? what happens if you dont have enough play cash? does it spit out a thermal print that says declined? then everyone playing can give you 'that look'

Edited by sef

I've got a copy of Nintendo monopoly... its cool. I love the little pieces I like to play as Link's shield.

I played with a new version of monopoly with the cards (shutup), all the data is stored in the reader, theres storage for six players, the cards are identified by the reader by bumps on the side of the card which push up pins inside the reader, which count 1 to 6 in binary bump groupings.

Damn...so there seems to be no real way to cheat then if it's stored on the reader itself.

I guess they did it that way because it'd be cheaper. :(