Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFI

deep freeze

12 posts in this topic

alright so i know how deep freeze works and all, and i know how to pop up the prompt for password. theres a code on the prompt, and i hear you have to input it in the admin deepfreeze prog and it gives you a password. does anyone know the algorith for this code to password process? or even know about it? lol i was wondering if it's one key algorith for all passwords. i want to try and crack it myself, but how can i start? just doing the process a bunch and comparing results?

Not sure of the algarithm but when I used it, I just set a password. I know there is a standard password that comes with it but can not remember it. Do some searching here and some other boards. There is a lot of talk about this program. And you could also try and brute force it.

By the way if you are trying to crack the one at school please do not try without the permission of the sysadmin. Again most schoools have policies about trying to break into systems and you can be expelled for this.

oh yeah its fine i know my school system inside and out. we have it at school but i have no need to take it down because anyone can log in and write stuff onto the school network(god knows where it holds all the crap or how) anyone logged in has auto write and execute access, just no delete access. it would be nice to delete some stuff though because some jackass made 4000 copies of the same folder and now no one can delete it. and if we tell the school they'll just close it up to everyone. we put tons of crap on there, roms and emulators, we got counter strike, we got starcraft and warcraft II and III i think. and any computer on the network can access it its pretty cool. i remember in my intro to business class last year we would just have huge lan parties in class, good times. but yeah i just want to mess with the deep freeze to see how it works, not like i need to store anything on the computer when i have a shat load of space on the network.

oh yeah its fine i know my school system inside and out. we have it at school but i have no need to take it down because anyone can log in and write stuff onto the school network(god knows where it holds all the crap or how) anyone logged in has auto write and execute access, just no delete access. it would be nice to delete some stuff though because some jackass made 4000 copies of the same folder and now no one can delete it. and if we tell the school they'll just close it up to everyone. we put tons of crap on there, roms and emulators, we got counter strike, we got starcraft and warcraft II and III i think. and any computer on the network can access it its pretty cool. i remember in my intro to business class last year we would just have huge lan parties in class, good times. but yeah i just want to mess with the deep freeze to see how it works, not like i need to store anything on the computer when i have a shat load of space on the network.

Got admin access? Deep Freeze is run as a SYSTEM-level process. You will need SYSTEM level access to kill it.

DeepFreeze = local machine only (lowlevel system driver)

Windows Account Permissions = network read/write/delete/execute permissions

Unlocking DeepFreeze won't let you remove crap from the network, it will just allow you to edit the local protected disks.

You would not be able to write there in the first place if it was caused by DeepFreeze unless they mounted everything as a virtual-folder locally in some obscure enterprise setup, then who knows how it will be handled.

Even then, if you were to open the actual UNC to the folder windows permissions should take over and DeepFreeze would be ignored. :roll:

Regardless, what you are looking for is an account with admin-privelages to the affected network folders, and the password to said account - not the 'thaw' password to DeepFreeze. :)

[if you really think you 'have' to get into DeepFreeze you can easily get it to shutdown, it has various security flaws, google away young padiwan-learner? :ninja: ]

DeepFreeze = local machine only (lowlevel system driver)

Windows Account Permissions = network read/write/delete/execute permissions

Unlocking DeepFreeze won't let you remove crap from the network, it will just allow you to edit the local protected disks.

You would not be able to write there in the first place if it was caused by DeepFreeze unless they mounted everything as a virtual-folder locally in some obscure enterprise setup, then who knows how it will be handled.

Even then, if you were to open the actual UNC to the folder windows permissions should take over and DeepFreeze would be ignored. :roll:

Regardless, what you are looking for is an account with admin-privelages to the affected network folders, and the password to said account - not the 'thaw' password to DeepFreeze. :)

[if you really think you 'have' to get into DeepFreeze you can easily get it to shutdown, it has various security flaws, google away young padiwan-learner? :ninja: ]

nono i know that unlocking deep freeze won't let me remove stuff from the network. im just trying to figure out the 'thaw' password as you put it, for fun :D a little something to do. but i wouldn't mind getting admin privs to our network too, alot of crap(literally) has to be removed. does anyone want to explain how i go about obtaining those admin rights? or is that too malicious?

eh, macs have them too, at our school windows boxes don't use them, only macs

anyone know of any programs or tricks to un-freeze them for macs?

The easiest way to get past deepfreeze is to use a windows bootdisk like bartpe, to replace an executable that is enabled to run at startup. Something like a keylogger would work greatly. If you want more info pm me.

thanks all, i was looking for a more manual approach to learn more, but whatever thanks lots.

If you want to learn something, go through the debugging Emiliano walks you through on the DeepUnfreezer page. The latest version of DeepFreeze is patched so that method isnt working.. Emiliano hasn't been heard from for a while, so you could find out what the latest method Faronics is using. Apparently they outsource all their programming, so it shouldn't be that hard :P