T.M.O.S

Boosting Bebo Homepage views?

60 posts in this topic

Hey folks, just a quick question, im not a n00b but wouldnt call myself too experienced either, im just learning. Is it possible to "hack" my bebo homepage in order to change the homepage views number? Thanks to anyone that helps

Hey folks, just a quick question, im not a n00b but wouldnt call myself too experienced either, im just learning. Is it possible to "hack" my bebo homepage in order to change the homepage views number? Thanks to anyone that helps

::Sets up a lawn chair, pops open a root beer, and waits for somebody to explain the forum rules.::

Probably the best way to get the number big would be to put content on the site that people actually want to see. :buzzsaw:

Hey I don't have a rootbeer, so I am going to ruin you're happiness.

3. DEFINITION OF "HACKING"

Hacking is about production, not destruction; it involves curiosity, research, analysis, knowledge, the creation of new ideas, the discovery of amazing breakthroughs, and the sharing of information with those who will use it responsibly. Hacking is not illegal activity. The Digital Dawg Pound and the Binary Revolution Forums will not take any responsibility for your actions, nor do we condone any sort of illegal activity, especially in the name of hacking.

Moved to NubieHQ. There is a report button (p_report.gif). If you feel it is necessary, use it, do not moderate for us.

Anyway, if you were that desperate to get your page views up, you could look into setting up a script as a learning experience to keep refreshing the page.

Never knew about the p_report.gif,However I did know about the p_report.gif though.

^_^

GIJoe what do you mean set up a script? Could you point me in the right direction? Like a tutorial or something :blush:

Never knew about the p_report.gif,However I did know about the p_report.gif though.

^_^

OK, well use it then. Since the question is not malicious and you shouldn't have said anything about it.

its perl, download activeperl if your using windows. save that in a file named bla.pl execute it via command line. if that doesnt make sense, i'll be sober in 12 hours ask then.

Grab yourself any book from Oreilly Press (Perl Cookbook/Perl in a Nutshell) for the perl code. This could also be done with PHP (PHP 5, Wrox Press), but it depends on you and what language you feel comfortable with. We're not into giving out pre-packaged scripts...we'll point you in the right direction and give you all the advice you will ever need though.

Thanks for all the advice and help, im going to read up on it and learn as much as i can before attemping anything, does anyone have a link for on of those books?Like an E-Book to download or something?

Ok, im after downloading ActivePerl and i have absolutely no idea what im doing or how to set it up!! HELP!

:) Hi ths is ma first time here, umm i need some help about bebo

is there anyway to add sound or something extra to bebo with perl?

thanxx cyaz

hey ive got active perl and put the stuff you posted into a file how do i execute it via a command line?

hey ive got active perl and put the stuff you posted into a file how do i execute it via a command line?

Their is some error in Code

Anyway to run a perl program:

1)Type the code in notepad (or ur fav editor)

2)save it to D:/ and name it like new.pl

3)Open cmd.exe and type cd D:

4)Now type perl new.pl

umm can i add html in perl ? :blush:

and is there anything else than booting up my bebo homepage views :unsure:

thanxx :roll:

umm can i add html in perl ? :blush:

and is there anything else than booting up my bebo homepage views :unsure:

thanxx :roll:

U can add perl in html if u have perl installed on server

Bebo is using 'jsp' i think u need some javascript which will refresh page so u can show more hits on ur oage

hey all, i am new to this forum

i wouldent say i am a n00b to computers but i am having reall troubkle with this,

can someone please please please go through this with small words and try to explain this to me, step by step. if you can you cant belive how greatful i would be...

t.m.o.s you got it working can you share how,

thanks, if you try...

#!usr/bin/perl

for($x=0;$x<=1000;$x++){print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";

my $url = "http://www.yourbebo.com";

use LWP::UserAgent;
use HTTP::Request::Common qw(GET POST);

my $agent = LWP::UserAgent->new;
my $req = GET $url, Referer => "(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=this+should+work&btnG=Google+Search&meta=)";

print $agent->request($req)->as_string;}

my $url = "http://www.yourbebo.com"; ## Change that to your bebo account.

Basically this just loads your bebo page over and over again in perl.

copy code, edit with your bebo url.

Install active perl to c:\perl\

save the code as bebo.pl or something in c:\perl\bin

then

Start >> Run >> type cmd

then type>> cd c:\perl\bin

then type bebo.pl

and it will load your page over and over, pretty pointless since bebo is lame :P

but whatever makes you happy ;-)

#!usr/bin/perl

for($x=0;$x<=1000;$x++){print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";

my $url = "http://www.yourbebo.com";

use LWP::UserAgent;
use HTTP::Request::Common qw(GET POST);

my $agent = LWP::UserAgent->new;
my $req = GET $url, Referer => "(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=this+should+work&btnG=Google+Search&meta=)";

print $agent->request($req)->as_string;}

my $url = "http://www.yourbebo.com"; ## Change that to your bebo account.

Basically this just loads your bebo page over and over again in perl.

copy code, edit with your bebo url.

Install active perl to c:\perl\

save the code as bebo.pl or something in c:\perl\bin

then

Start >> Run >> type cmd

then type>> cd c:\perl\bin

then type bebo.pl

and it will load your page over and over, pretty pointless since bebo is lame :P

but whatever makes you happy ;-)

doing this just makes the notepad i saved the code in open again and again and again .. is that wats suppose to happen?

i open it .. and i close it

okay if it isnt working 4 u here is what you have to do.

go to Start>Run then type Regedit

then keep opening the files as show here >>>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ActiveState\PerlScript\1.0

then open the folder called EnabledZones then type instad of 10

>>>> 0x0001<<<<

hope this helps

oh btw active perl says it is not advised but it is up to you i suppose

hope this helps And thanks everyone 4 all your help

my veiws are 400 and counting :D

ah that still opens up notepad over and over again

wats rong :(

i put " 0x0001 " instead of 10

oh and when i check the thing again it comes up not with " 0x0001" it comes up with " 410001 "

Edited by basha

ah that still opens up notepad over and over again

wats rong :(

i put " 0x0001 " instead of 10

oh and when i check the thing again it comes up not with " 0x0001" it comes up with " 410001 "

i dont get it at all ,, ive got perl rite ,, but ,, itz loadin up me notepad ,,, not ova n ova again ,, just loadz it 1nz n ,, then , ,stopz ,, -- HELP ME PLEASE , , ne 1 got msn ,, add me , n tel me how to do it on ther, , ta ,, rez.ere.2006@hotmail.com

Edited by rezza