Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
schlomo

Wireless Internet

15 posts in this topic

Who knows how to get into a computer via an unsecured wi fi connection?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Schlomo

don't steer him in the wrong direction.

All you need to do is, "Grow up" - & "Get a life", and read the forum policies.

don't steer him in the wrong direction.

All you need to do is, "Grow up" - & "Get a life", and read the forum policies.

Bro no need to be such an asshole just askin a question

Schlomo

Schlomo, it depends on the OS running on the target computer... Check out the services etc.. :)

Who knows how to get into a computer via an unsecured wi fi connection?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Schlomo

Let me direct you to this...http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?act=announce&f=4&id=4...it may help

Basically the same way you would attack any other computer. Services running on the target could be exploited , like was mentioned. Since it is attached presumably to an unsecured WAP, you could also get on the network and sniff the LAN, there are various times that could be useful too. Netbios is another way too, you could see the open shares, etc.

As far as I can tell the poster did not ask "how to destroy or damage someone elses computer" or "ask for destructive suggestions in this forum", the crux of the rule posted (by someone not a forum moderator I should point out). This is a perfectly legitimate question. Unless that is, you guys feel that keeping the knowledge to the 15 million or so people that have it is the best way to go about things.

Schlomo, I moved the thread to Nubie HQ. Ask basic questions there. It is better for you and keeps the forum organized. Be sure to read the rules so that you know what they are and everything is copasetic. Read the Nubie HQ FAQ. Some basic questions you have may be answered there. After that, a more specific question like "How do sniff all the traffic over an unsecured wireless connection?" would give you more specific answers.

HTH

You will find, that the most valuable thing when trying to learn something is not in the answers... it is in direction.

It's often much harder to find someone to point you in the right direction, when that is really what most of us need. Answers make no sense until you know why they're the answers.

That, in my opinion, is the most valuable asset in a forum such as this one. :)

I understand, maybe I was a little out of line, but it's just in generalities, most questions like that are only asked because some one is trying to do something malicious to an unsecured computer, possibly while war driving they find an open AP, notice some comps on the network... they want to see what kind of files this person they are connected to is housing.. they cant figure it out. So onto a forum they go, and try to get the answers. And they ask questions that are against forum rules and regulations...

It just sounded like you intended to do something malicious that's all.

Edited by ghostshadow

I would first find out what the computer is before trying anything fantastic.

Ping is a quick way of finding out what you are talking to. However some what inacurate.

Nmap would be usefull for this. As well as your standard peeking and pokeing around.

If you want any more help etc, be a bit more spesific and im sure you will get a better answer.

are you talking like exploiting a computer on the lan, sniffing the WiFi packets, or the thing from the presentation at Black Hat where they got a shell on the Mac

Basically the same way you would attack any other computer. Services running on the target could be exploited , like was mentioned. Since it is attached presumably to an unsecured WAP, you could also get on the network and sniff the LAN, there are various times that could be useful too. Netbios is another way too, you could see the open shares, etc.

As far as I can tell the poster did not ask "how to destroy or damage someone elses computer" or "ask for destructive suggestions in this forum", the crux of the rule posted (by someone not a forum moderator I should point out). This is a perfectly legitimate question. Unless that is, you guys feel that keeping the knowledge to the 15 million or so people that have it is the best way to go about things.

Schlomo, I moved the thread to Nubie HQ. Ask basic questions there. It is better for you and keeps the forum organized. Be sure to read the rules so that you know what they are and everything is copasetic. Read the Nubie HQ FAQ. Some basic questions you have may be answered there. After that, a more specific question like "How do sniff all the traffic over an unsecured wireless connection?" would give you more specific answers.

HTH

I meant no offense...however if your any kind of hacker,then you know most questions such as the one in this thread,are meant for destructive purposes.I may be wrong,but i doubt it.Also your right,im not an admin,or moderator...im just a guy who pops in from time to time,to see what the topics are about.

I understand, maybe I was a little out of line, but it's just in generalities, most questions like that are only asked because some one is trying to do something malicious to an unsecured computer, possibly while war driving they find an open AP, notice some comps on the network... they want to see what kind of files this person they are connected to is housing.. they cant figure it out. So onto a forum they go, and try to get the answers. And they ask questions that are against forum rules and regulations...

It just sounded like you intended to do something malicious that's all.

I gotcha no problem...I'm just asking to expand my general knowlege in case i ever need to use it

OK let me re phase what i wanted to ask:

i have a hp laptop with xp media on it. my parents have a sony desktop with media xp on it also. I am just interested in knowing how to get into theircomputer via our unsecured wifi connection...nothing malicious just to copy files or whatever.

Hope this makes me easier to unerstand,

Schlomo