Replica

SSN droppage

13 posts in this topic

I was signing up for the ACT/SAT test on there website and was happily filling in my SSN number and all my personal information. I go to enter my phone number and the auto complete function fucking remembered my SSN number. WTF?

The fucking library people here are no help to me at all. WTF can I do? Can they even use my number if they found it? Am I just over worrying about this?

Internet Options, Clear EVERYTHING! hope you dont get screwed

I was signing up for the ACT/SAT test on there website and was happily filling in my SSN number and all my personal information. I go to enter my phone number and the auto complete function fucking remembered my SSN number. WTF?

The fucking library people here are no help to me at all. WTF can I do? Can they even use my number if they found it? Am I just over worrying about this?

You did this at a library? Yeah, I'd worry. Explain the situation in an email to the library, and see if you can run CrapCleaner on the computer you used. Not a secure wipe, but then, it should certainly do.

In the future, use a USB drive with portable firefox.

All your info stays with you and only you.

If the computer has deepfreeze installed you just need to reboot

In the future, be smart enough to never put your SSN into a web site on a shared computer.

(USB + portable firefox + forward DNS to tunnel check in about:configure ) + ssl tunnel to your box at home + make sure there is no watch programs installed ( use procexp.exe or something you can "pause or halt the app that is watching you devillook.gif ) and nc.exe for stopping services sometimes works

key is forward DNS to your ssh server so even if your proxy does reverse blocking it works

or for simple sites use proxy

http://www.rmccurdy.com/scripts/proxy.html

Edited by operat0r

In the future, be smart enough to never put your SSN into a web site on a shared computer.

Yeah, that was dumb. The librarian people where no help and IE options was disabled so I followed LogosX advice and it worked. The librarian got all pissed. Fuck you librarian bitch ass cunt. :P

Thanks everyone.

It usually isn't a software option in government shared PC's LogosX. We use a Voom card in our library PC's and it does exactly what deep freeze does, at a cost of nearly a thousand dollars. Tax dollars at work. :/

I don't even like typing my SSN from my home network. I definitely wouldn't even think about doing it from a library computer.

Edited by fourohone

I don't even like typing my SSN from my home network. I definitely wouldn't even think about doing it from a library computer.

It's a secure government website. Besides, I'm not going to have that little worry deter me from taking the ACT/SAT. Would you?

It usually isn't a software option in government shared PC's LogosX. We use a Voom card in our library PC's and it does exactly what deep freeze does, at a cost of nearly a thousand dollars. Tax dollars at work. :/

Do you have a link for the voom card? I keep finding links for that voom cable company. Also didn't you try out some microsoft solution that did the same. How did that work out?

I work in an admissions office of a university right now and you WOULDN'T believe where people have left sensitive information like this laying around because it is such a common thing in our office.

I usually don't worry too much about who I give my info to, because if someone really wants it they will get it, I know this.