datamacro

Does this work

25 posts in this topic

Ya know that hack with the coke machine? I was curious, is it real. Ime not really anxious enough to find out, to go and try it, so could you guys tell me if this is legimate. He brings up a menu that I assume you can change and get free cokes out of. Is this true?

Here Watch it for yourself www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=284513238711939702&q=hacking&hl=en

Edited by datamacro

It was my understanding that you can adjust some basic machine settings but cannot get product or change from the front panel. If I recall there was a 2600 article on this.

It was my understanding that you can adjust some basic machine settings but cannot get product or change from the front panel. If I recall there was a 2600 article on this.

Do you have any idea the year of the 2600 it was in?

This works, but yields no real benefits. You can see how many units have been sold, and how much money is in the machine, but that is about it. A few machines have a few other features unlocked, but the chances of having the ability to change prices and vend options is quite rare. I have made a point of doing this to every Coke/Pepsi machine that I see, and so far none of them have had much more than temperature and sales numbers.

Given that you read this in a two year old 2600, it is almost 100% guaranteed to not work any more. I have however done the button trick to get into the diagnostics menu but it offered me little more than "How many Cokes did this machine sell?" or its firmware version.

The article agrees with your statement. There is only diagnostics and sales count available from the front menu.

Also, I forgot to clarify: it's most likely not going to work because I tried this about a year ago on about 10 machines and only 3 of them would take me to the diagnostics menu. The other seven just gave me funny looks.

Here's a thread about this on some un-known message board:

http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21052

It starts off with a post containing a link to another video about this on Google Video. This video is different than the video in this thread and shows the more normal "ERROR" prompt that appears on a Coke vending machine screen when the 4,2,3,1 comniation is put in. I'm very surprised by the video in this thread as I'v never seen 4,2,3,1 bring up numbers.

Anyways, for everybody here saying that it doesn't work: You're wrong. It only works on Coke vending machines though. Not on Pepsi or some other beverage. Only Coke.

Anyways, that other thread has the links to the programming manuals for those vending machines. It's a cool read.

well the new machines are using a different OS now compared to the ones that you could get to the menu to actually get free stuff you have to have access to inside the machine since it has an over ride button inside of it

well the new machines are using a different OS now compared to the ones that you could get to the menu to actually get free stuff you have to have access to inside the machine since it has an over ride button inside of it

Uh, all of the machines work like that. Not just the new ones. And the new Coke machines, with the big plastic buttons, hvae the same code and the same prompts.

gotta love argentina and 1910's technology.

once i sign my contract at work, ill give this a try :D fired because i played with the coke machine is definetly not my 2nd week goal lol.

but give it time ^_^

Why mention 1910 technology? Why do people keep thinking that this works only on the older Coke machines?

I-baLL umm you do know the older coke machines you can get drinks out of by using the menu right, I've done it once without even have access to the inside of the machine

I-baLL umm you do know the older coke machines you can get drinks out of by using the menu right, I've done it once without even have access to the inside of the machine

And how did you do this?

Did you do this through the 4,2,3,1 trick? Cause if you did it would still be possible to do things like this if the service technician leaves this feature accessible through the front menu by not flipping the right switch inside the machine.

Anyways, for everybody here saying that it doesn't work: You're wrong. It only works on Coke vending machines though. Not on Pepsi or some other beverage. Only Coke.

Actually, Pepsi machines work too, though less often, and the code for pepsi isn't 4 2 3 1, it's 1 3 2 4. This works most often on the larger machines that have the large block of 3x4 buttons. You push the top left one, then the top center right, top center left, and then the top right. Same results unless the machine happens to have more options enabled.

The coke machine 'trick' with 4231 works fine as stated already.

I've tried out all 8 machines in work and all work, some slower than others, some with more options to view.

Also Powerade is part of the Coca cola company now so you can do those machines =]

I've tried this 5 times. Most of the time I have got a menu, but one time I have got the Coin payout option. :D

Oh yeah and this is my first post!

Is there a port in the back of the machines what will allow access? What do the technicians use?

Right above (or is it below?) the coin slot there's a keyhole. It's usually a tubular key hole. Well, you put a key in ,turn, and the front of the vending machine swings open. Well, actually the technician opens it up manually like a fridge. Then s/he loads up the cokes or whatever and there's some sort of keypad there or something that the tech uses to perform various service functions.

The front panel is only supposed to be used for diagnostics. I think why you can allow all the cool features to be present on the front panel by doing the appropriate thing to the internal panel is due to the fact that a techn doesn't want to keep opening and closing the door in order to run a test, then run the diags, then run a test again. I'm guessing that they probably leave a lot of the cool features accesible through the front panel on machines that tend to act up for whatever reason. This is all theory though. But it sounds logical.

Right above (or is it below?) the coin slot there's a keyhole. It's usually a tubular key hole. Well, you put a key in ,turn, and the front of the vending machine swings open. Well, actually the technician opens it up manually like a fridge. Then s/he loads up the cokes or whatever and there's some sort of keypad there or something that the tech uses to perform various service functions.

The front panel is only supposed to be used for diagnostics. I think why you can allow all the cool features to be present on the front panel by doing the appropriate thing to the internal panel is due to the fact that a techn doesn't want to keep opening and closing the door in order to run a test, then run the diags, then run a test again. I'm guessing that they probably leave a lot of the cool features accesible through the front panel on machines that tend to act up for whatever reason. This is all theory though. But it sounds logical.

Technicians use the circular keys, right, I can never remember. Sounds logical indeed, I'll take a close look the next time that they open the machines at my school.

at my school the coke machines use 3142 and they also connect to our network, because if you swip your card to pay for it.. it goes to the server and does the transaction. and you can also see how many cokes have been sold from the server and every month the machine sends a report to the server on how much has been sold(but it is also fun to reset it before it sends the report so it looks like it has sold none).

at my school the coke machines use 3142 and they also connect to our network, because if you swip your card to pay for it.. it goes to the server and does the transaction. and you can also see how many cokes have been sold from the server and every month the machine sends a report to the server on how much has been sold(but it is also fun to reset it before it sends the report so it looks like it has sold none).

Whoa, can you take pictures of that machine? I never saw a Coke machine that takes cards! This sounds really awesome.

Mods: Please move this to retail hacking.