Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wilbs137

getting a cell phone number

7 posts in this topic

ok, so i don't want to use this number for anything bad, or whatever. i got a number on monday, and wrote it down on a piece of paper, and then proceeded to lose that paper, before entering it into my phone due to a quite hectic day. is there a way that someone could use a name, birthday, and possible parents names to find out this cell phone number? that would be simply amazing if someone could!

It's kind of ambigous in what your asking. Are you wanting to find the number you lost? Or are you afraid someone may find the information using the number you lost? People write down information all the time that is never acted upon. Typically I write notes on paper that if you don't know me personally, would have no idea what it means or relates to me. Most people are like this.

Can someone use PII to gain knowledge of this number? Sure, if you have the information that would likely identify you to the cellular provider. However you would have to have some very personal information along with current information about the person which may include the customer's ssn.

However, since this information is sold by the cellular company all the time to third parties, I wouldn't be surprise that if you have resources to those 3rd party databases, you could find that information. Additionally you can contact some people location services to obtain this information.

Finding information about a person all depends on how well you know your subject that you're investigating. Skiptracers regularly use credit files, interaction with other credit agencies and public databases to locate information about debtors who fail to repay debts and ditch town. The best way for someone not to be found is to not use credit and to not leave traces in the world where they may store your information in a database.

[mod: this should be a newbie forum question]

If you're trying to find out your own number then simply dial 800-444-4444 an it'll read your number back to you. If you're trying to find a number which you dialed, then you'll need to log into the website of your provider or call them and request your call logs.

I think the OP lost a cell phone number and wants to know how they can look up that cell number, or anyone's unlisted cell number for that matter.

There are a few ways of getting an unlisted number, there are services online which cost money, you can give them some information and they can find an unlisted number. You could also try calling the cell phone company if you know what provider the person in question has, and try some social engineering.

Their might be a way if their was a way that you could convince the persons provider, that you are them. Call the persons provider and give them your name. Say that I lost my papers and I do not know my phone number. I do not know any other providers numbers, but I know that the I-Wireless number is 1888-550-4497.(customer service) It might work better if you just called the local store. For this to work you will atleast have to know their name, mabe address, mabe date of birth, and mabe more. They may ask for your social security number, but I dont think it is required.

If you dont know the persons provider, than your next guess is to ask the people they know. I think that the idea of calling the provider will be easier.

If you're trying to find out your own number then simply dial 800-444-4444 an it'll read your number back to you. If you're trying to find a number which you dialed, then you'll need to log into the website of your provider or call them and request your call logs.

This is off the subject but what is 206-666-evil.....DONT WANNA FIND OUT

Pimpin_super_computer_2.bmp

This is off the subject but what is 206-666-evil.....DONT WANNA FIND OUT

It's my VM, when you call it it captures your soul in a jar.

Edited by av1d