Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M_from_S

Arrest made for Blaster.B Virus

33 posts in this topic

3. he's not even a hacker, so there's no reason for you to get all protestive about it...

He's still a human. As was said before the guy is a moron and deserves punishment but the punishment does not fit the crime. 10 YEARS OF YOUR FUCKING LIFE GONE BECAUSE YOU CHANGED A FEW LINES OF CODE....please.

i said they should give him the full punishment for his crime, 10 years is way more than the full punishment for his crime, he should get like 1-2 years tops.

But let's not forget....there needs to be an example made! "Don't do what he did, or the same fate may happen to YOU!" This kind of knee-jerk reaction as far as punishment is now the norm, rather than the exception. Pretty pathetic. And scary.

The scape goat theory that people wouldn't do it is complete bullshit, and people like Mitnick and possibly him are the ones who are going to get it the worst just so some judge is happy knowing that 2 kiddies don't use Sub7... Scape goats suck... And so does that system that uses them...

they're selling the patch at best-buy???

thats insane. i wonder who comes up with these ideas and who gives them the go ahead to start things rolling? and do they make any money off of it? i can't see too many people buying that crap, granted they'll get a couple of suckers... :blink::blink:

In my opnion, you should not punish someone based on the fact that it may deter others from committing the same crime. "Trying to set an example" only fuels the ingornace of the masses whom honestly believe people like Mitnick deserved 4 years without a trial. Deterence is merely a by-product of punishment, it should never be a reason to punish somebody more severely. The punishment should fit the crime, not set an example. People most of the time don't think of the consequences before committing a crime, or if they do, just don't care. So, the argument harsher penalities will eventually lead to lower crime rate is idiotic. How many of you have honestly thought about what COULD happen if you got caught downloading a movie or a game online? Isn't it up to like 5 years in jail? I bet that doesn't stop you...

Up to 10 years in jail plus a fine for writing a virus is insane. What if he gets sent to that tough prison where Bernie S. (I believe that was his name) was. Does somebody that has an intricate knowledge of computers/telecommunications really deserve to get butt fucked by Butch? No..

(About viruses/worms/Blaster)"It harms persons, it harms individuals, it harms businesses. We will investigate, track down and prosecute cyberhackers." -McKay

How does it HARM persons/individuals? Does the worm give them some sort of STD? (knoppix-STD perhaps? :D ) It seems as if the people in the government are:

1) Really fucking stupid, and spreading that stupidity through the media

2) Know the truth, but attempt to spread fear into the public so 10 years for writting a virus seems just in the eyes of Americans.

Who the hell knows... maybe he whole-heartedly believes what he says.

i can assure you he whole hearteadly believes. the only way to convince somebody of a lie is for that lie to be your truth.

and also: it harms the persons/individuals who didn't apply the patch. now, even if they failed to apply the patch, they should NOT be punished for microsoft's incompetency.