Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nikon-xillion

wga hack again

5 posts in this topic

this was posted to slashdot today

bypass WGA check on any microsoft.com download

1. download mgadiag.exe
[url="http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/3/3/533A40BE-936B-4267-B043-2F04233A78A6/MGADiag.exe"]http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/3...8A6/MGADiag.exe[/url]

2. start mgadiag.exe and look at the download center code
3. visit a download page at microsoft.com
4. append &Hash=”download center code” to the url (example &Hash=6VJPCR9), no quotation marks needed
5. Hit enter

enjoy.

Mind at least explaining to everyone why and how this works? I find it somewhat lame when someone posts a so-called "exploit" without even explaining anything at all. That's no technical skill; that's simply clicking a few buttons.

[quote name='v0id_64' post='205794' date='Sep 5 2006, 09:53 PM']
Mind at least explaining to everyone why and how this works? I find it somewhat lame when someone posts a so-called "exploit" without even explaining anything at all. That's no technical skill; that's simply clicking a few buttons.
[/quote]

v0id_64 is teh win i bow to you. i have 0 skills :)

the person that discovered this and found the mdiag tool has worked out that wga download validation uses your "download center code" which in turn represents the hash="your code here" i have no idea how he found this as their is no details on his posting. The original link is [url="http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:JIthAgAnh0gJ:www.ghacks.net/2006/09/04/download-everything-from-microsoft-without-wga-check/+Download+From+Microsoft+Without+a+WGA+Check&hl=en&gl=au&ct=clnk&cd=1"]here[/url]

i tested on another product key from the same area i live in. my friend got the same download center code so maybe product regions have the same download center code.

happy now mr v0id? Edited by nikon-xillion

Well it's obvious HOW it works, though I'd like to know what the hash is created from. though guessing from previous problems with windows WGA, ie adding hardware buggers it up for ya. I assume it's a hash created from the hardware on the computer and perhaps against thr serial key used for windows...though I really have no idea. Though I don't think the small flame ya tossed out with your reply is warranted considering he was simply relating the information and isn't really the one to relay the how, simply that it exists...what however I do suggest is if you see an exploit mentioned, and don't understand how it works, then YOU reseqarch it and post the hows of it...mindless flaming however isn't needed. Edited by rEph