dalejrrocks

Forgotten BIOS Password.

98 posts in this topic

Hello!!

yes i have but with no luck , and there is no reset button on this machine . But if someone has the unloc6 can they please try to unlock 11453 for me :voteyes: :voteyes: :voteyes:

odja@online.no

Hey,

Like everyone else, I'd like a copy of unlock6. If you wouldn't mind blasting it to bdj@unrealdestination.com

That'd be most appreciated.

1. Unplug laptop

2. Remove Battery (while powered on)

3. Remove or short out CMOS Battery

4. Check for large CMOS capacitors that act as batteries and short those out too

but, if that was a laptop like an IBM thinkpad, you're totally screwed, there is no way to reset some laptop BIOS passwords, especially hard drive passwords

Here is what the manual says!!!

Maintenance and Service

Guide

HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook PC

Compaq Presario V4000 Notebook PC

Resetting the Computer

If the computer you are servicing has an unknown password,

follow these steps to set a new password. These steps also

clear CMOS:

1. Enter an incorrect password and press enter.

2. Repeat step 1 two more times.

After the third entry of the incorrect password, the computer

responds with a “System Disabled” message and provides an

override password.

3. On another computer running Windows XP, download the

unlock6.exe utility from the HP Channel Services Network

(CSN) Web site at http://www.hp.com/partners/csn. Copy the

unlock6.exe utility into the root directory (C:\ drive).

4. Access MS-DOS by clicking Start > All Programs >

Accessories > Command Prompt.

5. Enter unlock6 xxxxx 0, where “xxxxx” is the password

generated by the computer in step 2.

The computer responds with another system-generated

password.

6. Enter the password generated in step 5 on the disabled

computer to enter the system BIOS. In the BIOS, navigate

to the Security tab and Administrator Password. Enter the

password generated in step 5 as the current password. Enter

a new password to change it.

7. The password has been reset and all CMOS settings have

There is no talk about Battery ]( forget the bios battery!!)or swich!!! ONLY UNLOCk6:EXE

Edited by odja

SEE THE FILE ATTACHEMENT

its always worked and since a lot of you dont bother to download there and email me

im removing my email

unlock6.zip

Edited by waa

Hello WAA

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

super

Hi! I would really appreciate someone eMailing me unlock6 at compusplurge@scratchdrive.com; I can't remember the pass to my dv4000 I've had in the closet, and I feel uber stupid and frustrated.

Much Appreciated,

wthww

When I type incorrect password 3 times, my pavillion ze4209 turns itself off. It does not give me “System Disabled” message or provide an override password. Maintenance and Service Guide for pavillion ze4209 just tells me to call HP support and prove ownership, which because it is out of warrenty they want 300.00 to fix. HP online chat tech told me to remove cmos battery, but it looks like a lot of work to get to it. Not sure if he is guessing on that solution or not (just to wrap up our chat session) , because from what I have been reading, on newer laptops the password is stored on eeprom chip and it does not rely on battery for power. Anyone know for sure if removing cmos battery will clear password on this model "HP Pavillion ZE4209 Notebook" ?

guys if u have a new version of the tool please send to me

my notebook is dv6580ee so this version generated wrong password

the number i get after 3 attepts is 12830

I have to do these from time to time and I usually try cracking the PW first if its a laptop just because they can be such a pain to take apart and put back together.

I use a different boot disk but the same utilities are on it as on this one.

http://ubcd.sourceforge.net/

BIOS 1.35.0

WipeCMOS 1.2

CMOSPWD 4.8

!BIOS

Send me a mail and i will send unlock6.exe

i have sendt to several but i got this mail demon

Send an ordinary mail , not trought binary

Odja@online.no

re-up

only email me if links dead please

----------emailed removed--------------

Listen up people, the links in my sig work and so does the one in my profile under comments the rapidshare links

so stop emailing me like some moron.....if you cant figure out how to click the links and download it....you sure in hell wont be able to figure out how to use it

unlock6.zip

unlock6.zip

Edited by waa

Make sure you are typing it like this:

UNLOCK6 12345 0

with the ZERO at the end (after a space). I kept trying to use it and thought it was giving me bogus passwords too, until I re-read the docs and found the SPACE and ZERO at the end, I tried it once more and it worked wonderfully!

Make sure you are typing it like this:

UNLOCK6 12345 0

with the ZERO at the end (after a space). I kept trying to use it and thought it was giving me bogus passwords too, until I re-read the docs and found the SPACE and ZERO at the end, I tried it once more and it worked wonderfully!

It pays to READ the docs before jumping into something....

you'd be amazed at the amount of people who emailed me because they couldnt even click the download links in there rush to get the program........they overlook simple links,,then whine in an email,,then claim the link worked,,then whine more in emails,,then claim they got it somewhere else,,,go figure........all because they cant click a link

Let alone the ones who email asking how to .............. READ the instructions

>>>>>>>>

http://rapidshare.com/files/68277812/unlock6.zip.html

its all over this thread,,,how do peeps miss it?

Edited by waa

Linked version is old one (v1.0 July 1997), there exists a newer one (v1.1 May 2003), which can generate passwords with scan codes, uppercase and lowercase (ie. uppercase it used to remove hdd passwords from some Acer laptops). Acer references both versions in their service manuals - old one for removing user/supervisor password - bios_pw.exe, and the new one for remowing hdd password as hdd_pw.exe (but on enclosed screenshots we may see that they really are unlock6 v1.0 and unlock6 v1.1).

unlock611np6.jpg

So if anyone has this new unlock6 v1.1, please post it here or email me at: tzok (at) poczta.onet.pl

Thanks in advance!

Edited by kajler

hello,is there any information as to where the unlock6 version 1.1 is available??

Hey. Sorry to bump this thread so late in the future.

Just wondering whether anyone located a copy of unlock6 1.1? If so I would be very interested in getting a copy.

Cheers.

unlock6 worked great on hp pavillion dv4000 thanks for the file

ur welcome

----

1.1 huh

LMAO

Remove the battery huh

Talk about some clueless posts-

1st off removing the battery doesnt work on all computers...

second, theres also unlock7 8 and 9

all work for different computers...so thinking somethings "old" is clueless to.....all have there relevence for certain computers

and since only a few out of 100s cannot follow the link for 1.0 and want to spam emails requesting somethings thats linked

I'll pass posting any other versions I have....

manufacturers will unlock non-stolen pc's

Edited by waa

unlock6 worked great on hp pavillion dv4000 thanks for the file

ur welcome

----

1.1 huh

LMAO

Remove the battery huh

Talk about some clueless posts-

1st off removing the battery doesnt work on all computers...

second, theres also unlock7 8 and 9

all work for different computers...so thinking somethings "old" is clueless to.....all have there relevence for certain computers

and since only a few out of 100s cannot follow the link for 1.0 and want to spam emails requesting somethings thats linked

Ok. To elaborate a bit.. The reason I'm asking for 1.1 of unlock6 is because the previous (linked-to) version doesn't have the option to generate an upper case ASCII code, which I'm needing to unlock a HDD on an Acer laptop. I know it also goes by the executable name of hdd_pw.exe , but 'tis the same thing. Not sure if you were "LMAO"ing at my post or not, but I have a feeling my reason for request will be the same as some of the previous ones.

Cheerio and fingers crossed someone's got a copy o' unlock6 1.1!

Well... that's true that authorized service can remove passwords from non-stolen laptops, but:

- you have to have a proof of purchase (which you don't have when buying "second hand" laptop via i.e. eBay),

- you have to pay for this quite a lot of money (as I remember 100€, which in my country, is more than a minimal salary for a week of work), often more than 1/3 or even 1/2 of laptop's total worth,

- many used laptops on eBay are after-leased laptops from some companies, often imported by the trader from different countries, they event don't know that there's a BIOS password, and there's no way to find the previous owner or give laptop back (the trader would say that it was you who put the password, and he won't accept return),

- other problem is that you don't know that you have a HDD password protection in BIOS active until you try to put other disk to your laptop (an it will become locked) and then put it back to another computer, or until you won't try to put your's (locked) HDD into other laptop or PC,

- the true thief alway have this kind of programs and doesn't need to ask for it, there even exist almost official unauthorized services, which offer removing passwords from laptops and HDDs, without any proofs of purchase, and for lower prices.

As to "old"... both are called unlock6.exe, but have different release dates (1997 and 2003) so one is old and one is new, isn't it?

Edited by TzOk

yeah remove the cmos battery, its like a disc, and also take out the regular battery

if that doesnt work in the first 10 minutes, keep the cmos battery out but put the regular battery in and turn the computer on then take the battery out while its booting ;)

Please stop suggesting the battery people. In that acer its soldered to the mainboard and shorting it doesnt work either. It's hard coded into an EEPROM (Electronicaly Erased Programable Read Only Memory) of sorts. They need the code to reset.