dalejrrocks

Forgotten BIOS Password.

98 posts in this topic

They have exe's for windows clearcmos.exe err clrcmos.exe ( most the time work )

You may try 'updating' the BIOS. Here is where you can find more info on updating the BIOS. Even if yours is up to date; when doing the BIOS update should wipe the old stuff out and start it from new again. This should clear out any BIOS passwords that you have.

That was one of the first things I tried. I didn't work. It kept the old password. I am going to try that KillCmos app.

That was one of the first things I tried. I didn't work. It kept the old password. I am going to try that KillCmos app.

So you haven't tried taking the cmos battery out for 5 minutes?

Start the computer up and see what type of BIOS you have...(whether it be AWARD or PHOENIX...etc)

Then google search " _brand_ default bios password"

All BIOS's have factory passwords for this reason.

Ok, I found what unlock6 is. It's a utility made by one of HP's partners and you can get it from http://www.hp.com/partners/csn. I assume that you have to have a login id and password. Anyone want to help? I would appreciate that very much.

Ok, I found what unlock6 is. It's a utility made by one of HP's partners and you can get it from http://www.hp.com/partners/csn. I assume that you have to have a login id and password. Anyone want to help? I would appreciate that very much.

Dude, did you actualy try removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes? Cause that's gona fix your problem.

I did get unlock6 and can send it to you if you pm me an email address.

Thing is that your laptop model isn't on the list of laptop models that are supposed to be supported by UNLOCK6.

Ok. This issue has been resolved. The battery was under the wireless module which is located under the RAM cover. I had to remove 4 screws and a couple of wires to get to the battery. It works now and the CMOS settings have been reset. Thanks for everyone's help.

NO WORRIES PEOPLE,

WE HAVE UNLOCK6.EXE I CAN SEND YOU THRU EMAIL ATTACHMENT.

AND OTHER THEN THAT WE HAVE YRS OF LAPTOP HARDWARE/SOFTWARE REPAIR EXPERIENCE SO MY EXPERIENCE CAN REALLY HELP YOU OUT IN FIXING YOUR ANY COMPAQ, HP, DELL, IBM,TOSHIBA MACHINE I HAVE WORKED WITH ALL THESE MACHINES ALMOST ALL MODELS AND I KNOW HOW TO FIX BIOS PASSOWORD PROBLEMS ON ALL THESE MACHINES.

IF YOU WANT I CAN SERIOUSLY HELP YOU OUT.

MY EMAIL IS CA_730@HOTMAIL.COM INCASE IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME

THANKS AND REGARDS

NO WORRIES PEOPLE,

WE HAVE UNLOCK6.EXE I CAN SEND YOU THRU EMAIL ATTACHMENT.

AND OTHER THEN THAT WE HAVE YRS OF LAPTOP HARDWARE/SOFTWARE REPAIR EXPERIENCE SO MY EXPERIENCE CAN REALLY HELP YOU OUT IN FIXING YOUR ANY COMPAQ, HP, DELL, IBM,TOSHIBA MACHINE I HAVE WORKED WITH ALL THESE MACHINES ALMOST ALL MODELS AND I KNOW HOW TO FIX BIOS PASSOWORD PROBLEMS ON ALL THESE MACHINES.

IF YOU WANT I CAN SERIOUSLY HELP YOU OUT.

MY EMAIL IS CA_730@HOTMAIL.COM INCASE IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME

THANKS AND REGARDS

Does he have to email you in all uppercase too??? oh sorry... DOES HE HAVE TO EMAIL YOU IN ALL UPPERCASE TOO... didn't know if you could read the lowercase... OH SORRY AGAIN, DIDN'T KNOW IF YOU COULD READ THE LOWERCASE.

I'll give you all 9/5 odds that Shawn's unlock tools will probably turn you into Russian zombie pr0n bot.

Ok. This issue has been resolved. The battery was under the wireless module which is located under the RAM cover. I had to remove 4 screws and a couple of wires to get to the battery. It works now and the CMOS settings have been reset. Thanks for everyone's help.

Hello Dale,

Would be possible if you can send

me a copy of unlock6.exe to my email? I would really appreciate that, for I have an HP

laptop with cmos password that I don't know. please let me know, by the way

I added you to my msn contacts.

Thank you in advance,

Kali

Ok. Here's something interesting. I got an official manual from the tech guy that describes almost every screw in the notebook. Here's an exerpt from it:

1–4 Maintenance and Service Guide

Product Description

1.2 Resetting the Computer

If the computer you are servicing has an unknown password,

follow these steps to clear the password. These steps also

clear CMOS:

1. Enter an incorrect password and press enter.

2. Repeat Step 1 two times.

After the third entry of the incorrect password, the computer

responds with a “System Disabled” message and provides an

override password.

3. Access MS/DOS by clicking Start > All Programs >

Accessories > Command Prompt.

4. Enter “unlock6 xxxxx 0,” where “xxxxx” is the password

generated by the computer in Step 2.

The computer responds with another system-generated

password. This password can be used to reset the computer

and clear all CMOS settings.

And I followed the first 3 steps fine, but on the third step it says: "unlock6 is not recognized as an internal or external command, operble program or batch file."

So I have no idea why it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Dale, you would want to change your dos working directory to where you have stored unlock6.exe, try using cd command and navigate to there. it shouldn't be a problem once you are in the same directory.

Thanks

Kali

Ok. Here's something interesting. I got an official manual from the tech guy that describes almost every screw in the notebook. Here's an exerpt from it:

1–4 Maintenance and Service Guide

Product Description

1.2 Resetting the Computer

If the computer you are servicing has an unknown password,

follow these steps to clear the password. These steps also

clear CMOS:

1. Enter an incorrect password and press enter.

2. Repeat Step 1 two times.

After the third entry of the incorrect password, the computer

responds with a “System Disabled” message and provides an

override password.

3. Access MS/DOS by clicking Start > All Programs >

Accessories > Command Prompt.

4. Enter “unlock6 xxxxx 0,” where “xxxxx” is the password

generated by the computer in Step 2.

The computer responds with another system-generated

password. This password can be used to reset the computer

and clear all CMOS settings.

And I followed the first 3 steps fine, but on the third step it says: "unlock6 is not recognized as an internal or external command, operble program or batch file."

So I have no idea why it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Dale, you would want to change your dos working directory to where you have stored unlock6.exe, try using cd command and navigate to there. it shouldn't be a problem once you are in the same directory.

Thanks

Kali

Yeah, I know that. I tried that with unlock6. But like IBall said, it only works on some. I emailed you unlock6 by the way.

I have the same problem and my copy of unlock6.exe is bad. does anyone have a copy you can email to me?

Just as future referrence I work on HP laptops, and I use Unlock6. Here are a couple things you might want to know. 1. It is used primarily on computers whose Serial Numbers start with 2CE or 2CD. 2. It should be run on a separate computer and it should be in the root directory. For example, let's say I have it on a jumpdrive in a certain folder. I would have to move it out of that folder and put it on the main part of the drive in my case F: then you simply run it and voila! BIOS passwords. Just thought I would post this. :)

I would be interested in some help with unlock6.exe too. I'm working on an HP DV4000 with the same problem. If someone has a copy to send to me, or if it would be easier to run the override password of 05260 on your own computer and reply with the unlock password, that would be gravy. Thanks

Normally on a desktop theres a jumper on the motherboard, move it to reset the password. Don't know about a latptop board.

tru thers gotta be som way to reset the cmos on this thing don"t they have specs for it on Hp's Site?

they do in toshiba's for there models

Believe me folks, I have tried all the BIOS reset there is, the jumpers do not reset the system. Taking the batteries out and whatnot does not work either. Only the unlock6.exe program will work. If anyone has it and could send it to me, or the number to unlock 05650 it would be greatly appreciated.

can i get copy of unlock6.exe plz

Edited by waa

IronGeek made a guide check his website out. He actually showed it on a video with a normal laptop check it out. I believe his site is: irongeek.com

Hello there!! I have my daughter on vacation here, and she has a pavilion dv4000 with a bios password. And now she is mad on herself, She has forgotten the bios password. I have spoken to HP helpdesk and they said to me that I should remove the bios battery!!! With no success!!

And then I found this great site, and my question is?? Can anyone please send me unlock6.exe so I can have a happy daughter for the rest of the summer.

Excuse for my poor English writing!!

Best Regards “odja”

odja@online.no

Hello there!! I have my daughter on vacation here, and she has a pavilion dv4000 with a bios password. And now she is mad on herself, She has forgotten the bios password. I have spoken to HP helpdesk and they said to me that I should remove the bios battery!!! With no success!!

And then I found this great site, and my question is?? Can anyone please send me unlock6.exe so I can have a happy daughter for the rest of the summer.

Excuse for my poor English writing!!

Best Regards “odja”

odja@online.no

Have you tried the default passwords?

http://www.freelabs.com/~whitis/security/backdoor.html

If they don't work, there should be a jumper located inside the computer to reset the BIOS.

Edited by WhatChout

Hello!!

yes i have but with no luck , and there is no reset button on this machine . But if someone has the unloc6 can they please try to unlock 11453 for me :voteyes: :voteyes: :voteyes:

odja@online.no

Edited by odja