Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
miche'le

i have so many virus [help]

17 posts in this topic

i need a good free program for removing trogens. if i cant find one i may have to reformat my harddrive :cuss:

You could try something like AVG.

But if your computer has become infected with multiple threats, it may just be best to reinstall Windows.

This is a solution I like the least, but its the only way to be sure esp. when your computer is utterly messed up.

AVG

Spybot S&D

spyware doctor (free with the right number...ehheh...)

install a firewall (zone alarm)

or reinstall windows, or uninstall windows and install a better os.

yea if u have tons and tons of them just reinstall windows like mentioned earlier than before you start downloading music and stuff get a firewall, ad ware se , spy bot search and destroy,zone alarm, and avg free , then run test regularly and you will be very good to go :D

I hate the Zone alarm firewall. After I installed that program my copy of windows would blue screen me a few minutes after boot up. Let me tell you it was a bitch uninstalling it too.

yea it can get annoying but it does a damn good job closing ports lol, but I dont trust msft so I dont use their firewall

i need a good free program for removing trogens. if i cant find one i may have to reformat my harddrive :cuss:

LMFAO

ewido is quite good, i know it was about the top trojan scanner before the company was sold and the name changed. there's also a-squared which is good and superantispyware.

but, even if you have just one trojan it means there might also be a rootkit too, so a reinstall would be what i'd do. after a fresh install you need to find some programs that will protect the kernel, but, for that kind of protection to work you have to know the processes on your computer because you decide what's allowed to execute and what hooks to allow etc. diabling un-needed services and good browser protection are important for staying clean!

Ewido - http://www.ewido.net/en/

a-squared - http://www.anti-trojan.net/en/

btw, if you are going to just use scanners and not reinstall then update them first, then run the scanners in safe mode - tap the F8 key repeatedly during bootup and select safe mode, and disable system restore first, turn it on again afterward.

Edited by iceni

all good advice. and one other thing i'd mention is teatimer. it's a subprogram of spybot, but is not installed by default. teatimer sits in your system tray and monitors windows registry settings for changes, then asks the user whether a change should be allowed or denied (when one occurs).

this has saved me a couple of headaches.

-cid

Did you get a specific virus? because i didn't read you mentioning anything specific. On top of that how do you know you have viruses(trojans), if it was a piece of software that told you were infected which software was it? There are certain programs made to remove specific infections it's best if you mention which ones you have, so we could better help you.

LMFAO

I missed the funny. **Looks around for the funny**

Not a laughing matter in my opinion. Maybe you've never been in that situation to understand.

i a total of 83 trogens it is f.u.c.k.e.d up it says they are mostly dropper trogens

i a total of 83 trogens it is f.u.c.k.e.d up it says they are mostly dropper trogens

trojan.

t r o j a n.

t r o J A n.

Ok--spelling aside, this person asked a real question here. Michel'e, i think You've gotten some pretty accurate answers. If there's a chance of a rootkit you can no longer trust this box. If you can't reformat for some reason (which would be best) then you should scan for rk (prolly w/a live cd) or you won't ever get clear. There is no magic bullet. Btw you never said how u knew u were infected

LMFAO

I missed the funny. **Looks around for the funny**

Not a laughing matter in my opinion. Maybe you've never been in that situation to understand.

Yes, I have. that is one of the main reason I moved to another OS.