Self Revolution

FReEEaky

30 posts in this topic

friend sent me this site, i dont kno if i should believe it or not. I am too freaked now to believe anything, buh for one thing... I will follow the words of advice and try to make the best of the future wether or not his tellings will follow thru or not

>>>>>>>>> http://www.johntitor.com/

all i can say is Intresting.....

I think its just another stunt

If it is a damned stunt, they sure did put a lot of work into that. That creator surely has No life at all(if it is in fact a prank). In the site they talk about EMPs destroying alot. AwwWWww man, i sure would miss all my gadgets. Just think about all the things u hav, and what u would actually be able to use if we had EMPs blastin off in our neighborhod. I kno it woulndt b prettie at all, suicidal to sum. MUhaHAaHAHa

usually good stunts, are planned very well = )

I honesly dont believe someone from the future came here lol....

This was posted AWHILE ago and I think I'm just repeating myself IIRC, but think about it. If you could travel through time wouldn't you try and change things. He mentions something about not being able to alter the course of time but that's ridiculous. Why would you not try to assasinate a figure such as hitler? If time travel were so common you could shape time for the benefit of humanity. Just stopping to say hello on some forum seems pretty stupid :\.

He mentions something about not being able to alter the course of time but that's ridiculous. Why would you not try to assasinate a figure such as hitler?

Duh...The Prime Directive. Don't you know Star Trek, Seems Mr. J.T. does all too well though. lol

IMHO, this is bullshit. But it is incredibly interesting and well written bullshit! Think "war of the worlds" and treat it as a work of fiction. It is very entertaining!

One scary link from there though... http://www.survivalring.org/cd-targets.htm

edit: another interesting this is this list he gives about how to be ready for the future. fuck the future, DO ALL OF THIS NOW! regardless of this kook! If more people did these things, the world wouldn't suck so bad!

1. Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.

2. Do not kiss or have intimate relations with anyone you do not know.

3. Learn basic sanitation and water purification.

4. Be comfortable around firearms. Learn to shoot and clean a gun.

5. Get a good first aid kit and learn to use it.

6. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them.

7. Get a copy of the US Constitution and read it.

8. Eat less.

9. Get a bicycle and two sets of spare tires. Ride it 10 miles a week.

10. Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return.

Don't you know Star Trek

I watched Star Trek once. I also got kicked in the nuts once. I hope neither of these things happen to me again :).

:go: If nukes start flying and there is some advanced knowledge of this, I'm going to be the first one to setup a lawn chair with a nice glass of lemonade waiting for the shockwave to obliterate me. Fallout was a fun game and all but eating at Iguana Bob's everyday doesn't sound that great.

all im saying is watch the back to the future movies... i want a hover skateboard.

Froma a IRC chat log this guy was in:

TimeTravel_0 : Sorry...time machine.

TimeTravel_0 : I was sent back to 1975 to get a computer.

TimeTravel_0 : Its an IBM model 5110.

TimeTravel_0 : My grandfather worked on it.

G° : because...?

TimeTravel_0 : Thats why I was sent.

TimeTravel_0 : We need it in 2036 to recode UNIX which dies in 2038.

G° : who needed a 5110? and why?

G° : lost me there. don't enough about computers

TimeTravel_0 : the 5110 is able to read the old IBM mainframe code.

TimeTravel_0 : Its the first protable computer produced by IBM.

TimeTravel_0 : Actually its about the size of a small table.

TimeTravel_0 : We need on in 2036.

G° : so have you tried changing the past yet? or have you found that

everything you do..

G° : has already been done?

TimeTravel_0 : Hmmm...physics.

Full chat at http://www.anomalies.net/time_traveler/irc.html

If unix dies, what about linux? By that time linux should not only be fully compatible with it (it pretty much is already) but be able to do more.. what would be the value of that UNLESS LINUX WAS DEAD OR NOT AROUND AT THAT TIME?

Don't you know Star Trek

...I also got kicked in the nuts once. I hope neither of these things happen to me again :).

AMEN brother! I am all fo rthe "no kick in the nuts" rule!

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

i'm not paying much atrtention to this. he gives some interesting advice as you mentioned stank, but the rest of it is a waste of time. it's fun and all to pretend for a while, but thats about it.

the bit about needing the old ibm 5110 just caps it off nicely. why would anyone from the future need to bother with comming back into the past to find an outdated piece of technology. if they can make a machine to travel back in time they can design a new unix which would probably be more useful to them than that which "dies" in 2038.

I still think Im going to burn some sources every month if I can, even if I ahve to borrow the use of another persons computer.. some of the things he said would come to pass, in fact all of them, have come true on the dot.

Well from what I've read it's not like they built a "time machine" to travel back in time specifically for this purpose but it instead came about like any other invention. I too agree that it's just some physics graduate student having a little fun and chances are it's 99% fake. What's freaky is that 1% :unsure: .

yeah that kept me entertained for a while but im pretty sure its fake. i mean 90 % percent of what he says is simple extrapolation from present events

in fact all of them, have come true on the dot.

Err like what :blink: ? Everything I was reading mentioned future events. Not more nostradamus crap I hope :\?

Nope, not at all; For one, he said a break through in the science that drives his time mach. will happen a year from the date he makes the prediction, and a year after that date, the first artificial singularity was formed.

I for one find that very interesting, considering it was right on the dot.

Another thing to look into: he says unix dies in 2038.. John's mission here was to obtain a computer that was needed in 2036 to fix a series of problems with old code. He mentioned a UNIX 2038 bug that does exist.

heres why:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....sdn_090798a.asp

http://www.deepsky.com/%7Emerovech/2038.html

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question75.htm

http://www.dewtronics.com/msdn_090798a.html

Thats right, even Microsoft knows of this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....sdn_090798a.asp

Anyone want to start a petition for linux to change this? or has it already been done?

what about the fact that 64 bit computing is just around the corner?! wouldn't that extend this 2038 deadline?!

by the way, i think this john whatthefuck is full of crap. by 2015 there won't be any need of a world war since people are gonna take over their own countries from all these pseudo-democratic governments and turn politics into what it should be doing: helping the common man.

This is definitely some interesting stuff. I don't know if I buy everything about this John Titor guy, but I believe time travel is possible, if not probable. I recall a qoute (I forgot who said it), "not only is the universe stranger than you imagine, it is stranger than you CAN imagine". Time as we know it is merely just the way we are perceiving things on this particular wavelength (dimension). When you sleep at night, your dreams are a form of time travel, because you may know of something before it happens (psychic dreams)...it is not a preminition because the wavelength (dimension) that you dream in, time may not 'act' the same as it does here. Anyone here who is familiar with various religious books may have read stories about dreams containing glimpses of the future. (the bible is littered with this stuff) Also, anyone familiar with the work of Steven Hawking may know of something called "time dilation", as in the faster something (or someone) travels, the slower time passes by (according to their perception). Basically if you were to build a spaceship that went just barely the speed of light, and you left earth today in that ship at that speed, and came back in a year, the time that passed on earth would be MUCH, MUCH more than a year (im not sure of the exact number but probably about 1000 years). So there you have it, time travel is possible and probable, but in the same breath, John Titor is possibly and probably a fraud, but interesting nonetheless.

*for anyone who was confused when i spoke of wavelengths and dimensions, here is an excerpt from a book called "Nothing in This Book is True, but its Exactly How Things Are" by Bob Frissell

*(the title of this book is kind of an inside joke, it is non-fiction)

Dimensions

--------------

All dimensional levels of this world are here and present right now and interlinked. the only difference between dimensional worlds is their wavelength. Wavelength is the key to the entire Universe. We live in a reality created solely by wavelength. The wavelength of our third-dimensional world is 7.23 centimeters.

Dimensions are seperated from one another by wavelength in eactly the same way as the notes are on a musical scale. Each tone on the scale sounds different because of its wavelength. Any octave onthe piano has eight white keys and five black keys, which together give its player the chromatic scale. The thirteenth note is actually the first note of the next octave, and these octaves keep repeating themselves in either direction. In beween each note and the next are twelve harmonic, holographic points; in dimensional terms these are the overtones. It is also the same as changing channels on a TV set. When you operate the channel control, you are tuning to different wavelengths.

The thing is going at the Speed of Light is impossible because the closer you get the more you weigh, lets say you and the ship weigh 100 pounds, at 10 percent you will 150, and by the time you get to light you're infinity... Since infinity is mathemitcally impossibly so is time travel in that way, I too believe in Time Travel but not in that certain way of doing it...

The 2038 bug could be fixed by fux0ring with libs, correct? So why don't people start modifying them right now?