natas

Natas' New Radio Show PBX

51 posts in this topic

Ever since the Bellsmind PBX has been down there hasn't been a radio show PBX. So I decided to make one and I just finished setting up my own "hacker radio" PBX! I decided to start with the following shows: Default Radio, BinRev Radio, RFA, Bellcore Radio, NSAT&T Radio, and Haxor Radio. All the episodes from those shows are up on the PBX right now and hopefully I'll be adding some more shows soon. If you have any suggestions as to which shows you'd like to hear on the PBX, let me know!

The number is 712-432-7923.

How to use the PBX once you are listening to an episode: You should be able to press 0 while listening to the show to pause it, * to rewind, # to fast forward, and 1 to stop playing the episode, which will then bring you back to the previous menu.

When you are navigating the menus # brings you back to the previous menu.

Oh and once again I'm using NoCDR() to avoid logging any of your calls for your privacy!

If you need something to use to call the PBX for free, there is always Skype.

Enjoy and please leave me some feedback!

Wow, nice work!

I don't know how difficult it would be, but listing the episode numbers after choosing a show would be a nice feature. Maybe just a notification that says "Please choose episode 1 through ??".

Wow, nice work!

I don't know how difficult it would be, but listing the episode numbers after choosing a show would be a nice feature. Maybe just a notification that says "Please choose episode 1 through ??".

Already working on that! It's just going to take me some time so I decided to just get everything up first and put it out, then add that. I also need to figure out how I'm going to handle "special" episodes, such as the ones Default Radio has.

Hey, can you add PLA radio to the mix?

Hey, can you add PLA radio to the mix?

Sure. I'll work on it tonight.

PLA Radio episodes 1-11 are up on the PBX on extension 7 but I haven't had time to redo a menu recording yet.. I guess I should figure out which other shows to add and then rerecord the menu.

Bin Rev Radio episodes 160 and 161 are up now!

What other shows would you guys like to listen to on the PBX? Phreak Phactor? In The Now? Infonomicon? TWAT? Hackermind? In the Now?

Bin Rev Radio episodes 160 and 161 are up now!

What other shows would you guys like to listen to on the PBX? Phreak Phactor? In The Now? Infonomicon? TWAT? Hackermind? In the Now?

all of the above if you have the time and the resources. B) i wouldn't mind seeing hackermind on the PBX.

nice natas! finally something for me to do on that long drive to work! Also, thanks for tossing BCR up on there. If I ever get off my ass and start doing new episodes i'll give you a heads up :)

What's up with the quality of the audio files? They're not very good in my opinion. Is it the amount of bandwidth you have or something? I know Bellsmind always did a good job with them. Anything you can do to improve it?

What's up with the quality of the audio files? They're not very good in my opinion. Is it the amount of bandwidth you have or something? I know Bellsmind always did a good job with them. Anything you can do to improve it?

What show or shows did you listen to? I'll ask NotTheory about how his files are encoded and see if there is any difference between ours. My box definately has a lot of bandwidth though, so its not that.

I just updated the pbx so PLA radio and Hackermind are now on the recorded message as option 7 and 8 respectively. More shows to come soon!....and I'm still trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to improve the quality!

Oh and Bin Rev episode 162 is up now!

712-432-7923

Edit: I just added another recording which tells you how many episodes of each show are currently available to listen to. So you will know that you can enter between 1 and 19 as a choice for hackermind, 1 - 40 for default radio, etc etc.

Nice work Natas, now I've got plenty of content to listen via cell phone when I'm out and about. I talked to Suncom the other day and asked if they had any better plans than the one I am on. They said well hold on and we'll look and see how many minutes you used last month. Three thousand four hundred and fifty minutes. Mr Cessna, I think you should stay on your current plan you are on.

Just wait till I start listening to your PBX on it. It's all about the unlimited minutes baby! Eighty five bucks a month!

What show or shows did you listen to? I'll ask NotTheory about how his files are encoded and see if there is any difference between ours. My box definately has a lot of bandwidth though, so its not that.

I haven't listened to all of the shows, but I remember PLA Radio being one of the shows that had poor sound quality. If I knew anything about Asterisk, I'd give you advice.

Nice work Natas, now I've got plenty of content to listen via cell phone when I'm out and about. I talked to Suncom the other day and asked if they had any better plans than the one I am on. They said well hold on and we'll look and see how many minutes you used last month. Three thousand four hundred and fifty minutes. Mr Cessna, I think you should stay on your current plan you are on.

Just wait till I start listening to your PBX on it. It's all about the unlimited minutes baby! Eighty five bucks a month!

I wish there were other carriers that offered that. I only remember back when AT&T Wireless/mLife offered such a deal for over $100 a month. That deal died fast though.

I think AT&T used to offer a landline long distance plan for 55 bucks. I remember talking to someone about that. It's grandfathered now, I know a few people who still have it.

I think AT&T used to offer a landline long distance plan for 55 bucks. I remember talking to someone about that. It's grandfathered now, I know a few people who still have it.

Landline carriers offering unlimited long distance plans is nothing new. It's the wireless carriers offering unlimited minutes anytime plans that's hard to find.

Of course, now I go back and re-read your post, and now I realize you were talking about a wireless provider. Woo. :/

Hey man this is great for my long walks home from work at midnight. Really great :) Thanks

Oh, btw, is it possible in Asterisk to create a fast-forward and rewind feature? Maybe also a pause feature?

Oh, btw, is it possible in Asterisk to create a fast-forward and rewind feature? Maybe also a pause feature?

Yep, it's possible. Here you go: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asteris...ControlPlayback

:)

Yes! Perfect! Hey, Natas, can you implement that in the pbx?

It already uses that. It should work but for some reason it doesnt want to. Try pressing * or # and see if it fast forwards or rewinds.

It already uses that. It should work but for some reason it doesnt want to. Try pressing * or # and see if it fast forwards or rewinds.

It seems to work for me, at least it did when I called the number over a week ago.

Love the idea of the various shows being on a PBX.

Is there a VoIP-only number (e.g. FreeWorldDialup) also pointing to the PBX so that I can listen to it from my asterisk server ?