Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PanicByte

"BlankSecurity" Screensaver

2 posts in this topic

A while back i had a screensaver called "BlankSecurity" (w/ no spaces) when it would come on, it would display a padlock for a couple seconds, and then it would completely turn off the monitor (so on my laptop the backlight would turn off, not just turn the screen black) now I can't seem to find it anywhere, does anyone know where I could find it, or find something similar that will shut off the monitor when the screen saver turns on, I know I can set it to do so in power options, but I don't like it being seperate, because if you set the power options to turn off the monitor at 2 minutes, and the screen saver is actually at 3 minutes, it won't bring up a password dialog when if i come back 2.5 minutes later. or visa versa, the screen saver is currently set to "Blank" but it doesn't turn off the monitor, it just makes the screen black, but the backlight doesn't turn off, so it's just wasting my laptop battery. I think it came preinstalled on my old laptop, but I blasted away the entire hard drive, and installed a regular copy of windows on top of it.

Look for 'power management' applet on your control pannel. You can change the screensaver and the power of the monitor to turn off at the same time. Unless I am mistaken...

Alk3