Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anthrax_postman

Need a people search...

5 posts in this topic

I've been searching on Google for someone (An uncle of mine who left the family after a big fight with the rest of the family) and have turned up no luck. He did a pretty good job on hiding his personal information. Well anyways I need one of the people search engines that don't try to sell me the information. I know one exists out there because I've heard a local radio DJ talking about a free site. Does anyone know about this site?

not off hand, but google isn't neccessarily the best place to look, albeit sometimes it's useful, you have tons of other various search engines based on different data...try a phone listing service... att.com/directory, superpages, etc. I use these a lot in tracking people down and they work pretty well if they're not hiding...the problem you'll have with google is that they don't cache entire databases from request only sites, like phone directories.

Yeah use the phone directories:

http://www.anywho.com/

http://www.dexonline.com/

That guy was probably talking about Zabasearch:

http://www.zabasearch.com

What you need is to figure out a way to get a locate plus account. Or, get a job where ... you get the idea. ;)

Oh yeah, if he is your Uncle what you should do is have Grandma or whoever knows it cough up the SSN. You are going to have way better luck searching with that than through phone directories or national identifier or voter reg searches.

Oh yeah, if he is your Uncle what you should do is have Grandma or whoever knows it cough up the SSN. You are going to have way better luck searching with that than through phone directories or national identifier or voter reg searches.

I think I might be the only person who wants to talk to him. Plus she'd think I'd want to give his SSN number for one of my friends to get a better job. <--If you know what I mean.

Thanks for the help.

I think I might be the only person who wants to talk to him. Plus she'd think I'd want to give his SSN number for one of my friends to get a better job. <--If you know what I mean.

Thanks for the help.

The SSA will deliver a message to the person at the address on file with them. Just go and ask.

As for people search, I've found a interesting mix with what's just free and available in there, and a little creative persistence, you can locate a person if you know just a little about them (what state family are in, parents names, last known addresses). Cross reference Local Court records also reveals bread crumbs like how recent they may have been there, life events, addresses or birthdates depending on their PII policies.

I did just that this month. Started with a name and a state and got in touch with them in 3 weeks (2 if you don't include leaving messages on relative's telephones and not going for the throat by SE'ing closer personages whom they and me want to avoid).

Man, what I really wish was more insight into how the credit bureaus have revamped their systems. The output they put out now doesn't have the full CC numbers which i'm happy with, but there's alot you can find out/work with when someone is on the grid. Plus I want constant access to my credit/personal file without charge. That should be a law. I should know what is being documented on me without paying a luxury tax to do so.

Damn the man! (Oh wait, I am the man!)