Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PanicByte

Prepaid (or no contract) Cell Phones that don't suck?

4 posts in this topic

Are there any prepaid cell phone services that don't suck where I can use an unlocked cell phone (i found an old cheap unlocked blackberry on TigerDirect) and I was wondering if I can get a prepaid SIM or something that will let me use SMS, E-Mail w/ pop3 using my own server, not the cell phone companys, and web browsing/data.

I'm just curious for recommendations because I don't feel like having a contract with any companys, I'd rather just pay full price for the unlocked device and deal with the service seperately. also, the main reason I don't want a contract is because my cell phone usage varies from month to month, I currently have a crappy "TracFone" prepaid cell phone (yeah i know, it does suck, don't rub it in) and during the winter months, I won't even use 100 minutes a month, but during the summer I burn through minutes, plus I don't need many voice minutes and just need a simple data plan. (and once again, i would use it more in the summer than during the winter)

i think virgin mobile has the oyster out right now which gives you free night and weekends along with penny texting. Thats not too bad IMO. :morpheus:

Boost Mobile has data plans at .20/day. I find that quite cheap. I got one so I can use mologogo.com. :)