Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sypherus

Linux Help

7 posts in this topic

Please i'm new with hacking, linux and all this stuff...all i want is Knowledge becuase Knowledge is power and power is what makes the difference ! ! ! Since the age of 5 i was interested with PC's and all the tecnology and stuff...( sorry for saying stuff to many times )....i'm 17 now and i help ppl with their windows os boxes and help them repair, configure and assemble hardware..but i want more...like i've said i want more Knowledge...i want to lear linux programming cracking hacking all ...but i know it's impossible and i want to concentrate myself with something good...i'm not very patient and that is a big problem...so i need help....for now i just want to know a good linux distribution that runs directly on Windows OS...like a program or something...cuz for now i can't install linux on my pc...i need a good distribution that runs directly on windows that can help me lear the basics of hacking and the basics of linux...any suggestions???...thank you for your help and patience with me ! ! !

This is an embeded Linux system. Emulates hardware in order to run Linux in a virtual console. It wont teach you how to hack per se, but it will teach you the basics of linux- in a windows environment. :)

http://www.colinux.org/

Alk3

I think that the ubuntu live cd would work well for you (ubuntu.com). All you do is put the cd in and restart.Your computer will boot off the cd and your windows installation will be un affected.

most distros have a live CD, u just need to download them (which could take a while) when u do decide to do a hd install look at the linux section... there are many topics about choosing the right distrubution. learning how to hack, well that just comes with time and pratice and research.

i suggest SLAX, but just cause u can add modules relativly easy to it and sorta customize it (and add some tools that dont usually come with a live CD)

I seggust you try a live cd distro first, and after the first 10 minutes you will want to make an actual linux system. I recomnd Slax. And the download You also need a DVD burner, so you can burn the .iso file to a cd. I use cheetah they say they will give you a cerial number if you advertise them.

You should have no trouble with that, and if you do just ask. And if you like it, and you want an operating system installed on your hard drive, read on.

After you have used a CD distro, I would start using ubuntu, because it is an easy install, and it isn't too complicated to learn. Just like before you download it from the website, and then burn the .iso to a cd. If you don't know what to download, on the main page, click download under Desktop, and then click on your location. Download a desktop CD, pick the first one if you don't know which to download. If an erorr message pops up, try another location, (For some of the bigger countrys, there are more then one download) Then burn the .iso file to a cd. Then you put the cd in a drive and restart. You follow the directions, and you should have a working linux system.

Edited by Octal