phreakmac

Handheld Pen testing machine

8 posts in this topic

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2003853,00.asp

Clip from article

An early version of Silica, which supports 802.11 (Wi-Fi) and Bluetooth wireless connections, has been fitted with more than 150 exploits from Immunity's Canvas product to allow security professionals to conduct pen tests while walking through office cubicles.

I saw this last week, it sounds awesome and very expensive.

I saw this last week, it sounds awesome and very expensive.

yeah costs about $3k

Sounds awesome. $3000 isnt something for amateur use though, it would've been nice if the price was lower.

how difficult would it be to make a bootdisk that simply does what this does? some knoppix dirivitive prolly. I mean the only reason I can see for paying for this is that you want something cool to show clients that you mean business...

how difficult would it be to make a bootdisk that simply does what this does? some knoppix dirivitive prolly. I mean the only reason I can see for paying for this is that you want something cool to show clients that you mean business...

The entire idea behind it is for this device to be small and portable. Ofcourse you could do this with a bootcd like iWhax/Auditor and a laptop, but that's not something you can carry around with you in your pocket.