drewmarin

backtrack

15 posts in this topic

I heard it is formally Whax and Auditor , which I heard were used for cracking wep codes and stuff(pretty useful stuff right there lol), one question is it easy enough for a newbie to use?

sure its great for a nubie. it has alot of tools already installed, so you can not have to fool with installing them yourself, and spend your time learning how they work..

BackTrack has very little to do with cracking WEP. After all, it's packed full of tools for /other/ things.

I know but all the movies I saw hacking wep the peeps were on whax so thought maybe it was good.

Backtrack can do alot more then just crack wep my friend, download it and try it for yourself. Wep key is one of the features though and its quite easy to use too, you just use a combination of kismet, airodump, Void11, aireplay, and aircrack to find, capture and crack packets. Check out an article written at www.tomsnetworking.com (shouldn't be too hard to find)

Make sure you don't break any laws now. Goodluck

Edited by Snippet

laws lol Im 14 I could care less (except when they are on my block), but hmmm ok cool now time to learn how to crack wep so I can use the schools wireless .

The school probably has more protection then just a wep key, something like logons and such. Plus your just gonna get into trouble doing that kinda stuff. Be like me and make nice with the techs, then you get permission to do whatever you want. :D

Peace, Snippet

Get a USB thumbdrive, download portable firefox and get a FFox extension called foxyproxy, I cant remeber the site, but there are a few apps that run just on USB drive that should get past your proxy.

laws lol Im 14 I could care less (except when they are on my block), but hmmm ok cool now time to learn how to crack wep so I can use the schools wireless .

Or Portable Firefox and torpark, both are portable for usb keys.

you can crack wep on windows. Im pretty sure theres an Aircrack for windows. (aircrack airodum aireplay).

you can crack wep on windows. Im pretty sure theres an Aircrack for windows. (aircrack airodum aireplay).

cygwin? or an actual native conversion

airodump has been on windows for a while now.

well the login for the students shouldnt be hard to get it wasnt hard at my old school and if I can login that will prob be all I need

backtrack is a great live linux distro, but not many people use wep anymore, i think most use WPA now

backtrack is a great live linux distro, but not many people use wep anymore, i think most use WPA now

WPA is such a pain :-|...except for the fact people pick stupid passphrases, now hypothetically my mother for some reason refuses to pay for internet, what does she do? steals it from the neighbours, she actually tried to pay me to crack the WEP on the other two APs so when the unsecured one was low on signal she could use the bright secured APs...had I accepted I'd have used backtrack since it's pretty much all you need on one disc without having to install a distro on a computer not normally used for such things.