Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unity

"Digital" phones

3 posts in this topic

Hello all. This is a question for all of you guys out there who have "digital phones". I mean like from Time-Warner, Shaw, or Cogeco. And so on. Anyways. I was just wondering, do digital phone carriers like Time-Warner provide the ability to access another carrier? I mean, as in Feature Group D or Feature Group B.

Hello all. This is a question for all of you guys out there who have "digital phones". I mean like from Time-Warner, Shaw, or Cogeco. And so on. Anyways. I was just wondering, do digital phone carriers like Time-Warner provide the ability to access another carrier? I mean, as in Feature Group D or Feature Group B.

I believe, in the U.S. at least, that "digital phone service" (i.e. "we're a TV company and don't know a DMS-500 from a hole in the ground but are going to try to do this whole phone thing anyway") is tarriffed just like regular LEC service. I know one family with Cox who has telephone services, and I helped them switch presubscribed interexchange carriers several years ago.

Of course, just because it's possible doesn't mean that it's easy. Cox is...well...a bunch of cocks when it comes to PICC changes.

I have not tested 101-XXXX dialing, but based on my experience, it should be possible.

i know that 101-XXXX dialing via time warner "digital phone" is not allowed.