Io:

OS games for linux

20 posts in this topic

I've been bored and looking into free games for linux. Found a FPS called nexuiz but haven't tried it out yet. So what games have you all come across that are good/different/etc?

nethack, vegastrike, tux racer, supertux, Enemy Territory, and Americas Army are all pretty good games for linux that I keep around. Theres also a live cd for games based on knoppix called llgp that you may want to check out.

Nethack is a great game. Battle for Wesnoth is also a nice game to play on any platform.

Personally, I can waste away playing kTron, but that's just me.

I've been bored and looking into free games for linux. Found a FPS called nexuiz but haven't tried it out yet. So what games have you all come across that are good/different/etc?

Pingus!

http://pingus.seul.org/

(Lemmings port, Mmm DOS)

kTron is great, really easy to play for a long time.....

i also like that mario type tux game i think its super tux but i dunno...

its hard not to like those arcade-type-games

mame and so forth. and cube. great fps

I personally love Enemy Territory. It's the only pc game I tend to play at least once everyday. The other free game I play alot is Battle for Wesnoth which is a very cool rpg/rts, I also have other games which I play off and on but those are commercial games. My recommendation is Enemy Territory.

Edited by angelfly

As a few others have said, Wolfenstein is probably my favorite. There's also a nice mod for it that I

play more often than Enemy Territory itself... It's Wolfenstein True Combat Elite (TCE)

They also have links to downloads for Wolfenstein. TCE seems to be a lot less popular though.

http://www.truecombat.com/intro.php?x=d

Oh yeah SuperTux is the shit. Also try a game called Wizard. Also Ubuntu comes with an interesting game of Worm (Name I don't recall (//Yoda speak)) that I was addicted to for like a month.

Oh yeah SuperTux is the shit. Also try a game called Wizard. Also Ubuntu comes with an interesting game of Worm (Name I don't recall (//Yoda speak)) that I was addicted to for like a month.

Nibbles is the name of the game of worm.

I really like ADOM, however it isn't OS, it is free afaik but no source code...a very very complex roguelike, but fun nonetheless. Doesn't hurt my opinion of it either that I can easily play it in an ssh session.

Edited by rEph

Oh, another FPS that's pretty fun to play is Tremulous. The game pits humans vs aliens in multiplayer

matches. It takes a while to get used to, but can be a lot of fun. Personally I prefer to play the aliens,

climbing on walls and biting people is more fun than shooting, but that's just my opinion.

http://tremulous.net/

Oh, another FPS that's pretty fun to play is Tremulous. The game pits humans vs aliens in multiplayer

matches. It takes a while to get used to, but can be a lot of fun. Personally I prefer to play the aliens,

climbing on walls and biting people is more fun than shooting, but that's just my opinion.

http://tremulous.net/

ohhh I used to play that...fun stuff, what's that tank game they had it was like battlezone but for nix...that was keen mp shit too.