PFI

good torrent sites

59 posts in this topic

someone probably made a thread like this a while back, but i'd like a refreshed list. list any good torrent sites you know.

heres some

www.torrentspy.com

www.isohunt.com

www.bittorrent.com

btw in your opinion what's the best client? i use utorrent and like it, then again i don't think i've ever used a different client...damn im lazy....

I practically swear by mininova.org

torrent-finder.com

It indexes 150 other torrent sites, so you type in your search once and then can view results from every other torrent site on the list.

I used bittornado for the longest time, i just recently switched to utorrent and i love it.

I used bittornado for the longest time, i just recently switched to utorrent and i love it.

they're talking about trackers not clients, but yes utorrent is awsome.

Well for the most part I use newsgroups to download things (especially movies), but by far my favorite tracker is Demonoid, and I use Zcult-FM for comics.

http://www.demonoid.com/ (requires registration)

http://trackerb.zcultfm.com:6969/

http://trackerx.zcultfm.com:6969/

they're talking about trackers not clients, but yes utorrent is awsome.

Well for the most part I use newsgroups to download things (especially movies), but by far my favorite tracker is Demonoid, and I use Zcult-FM for comics.

http://www.demonoid.com/ (requires registration)

http://trackerb.zcultfm.com:6969/

http://trackerx.zcultfm.com:6969/

There you go not reading posts thoroughly again... :P

i tend to use azureus and mininova. Tho, since a couple people have mentioned it, I may check out utorrent

btw in your opinion what's the best client? i use utorrent and like it, then again i don't think i've ever used a different client...damn im lazy....

torrent-finder.com

It indexes 150 other torrent sites, so you type in your search once and then can view results from every other torrent site on the list.

Not to mention the fact that it uses AJAX to make it look pretty and navigate smoothly.

I was wondering if anybody had experience with trackers that

you had top maintain upload ratios for.

Looks like a pain in the ass to join one, but thepiratebay.org

seems to be all about hit and run stuff. I would like to find

a ratio based tracker that is

1) currently open to new members

2) liberal upload policy, so I can be an uploader at 60kpbs.

----(yes, some say "you need to be able to upload at least

----(200 kbps to be an uploader.)

3) Welcome to the content that we are spoiled on, hacker

----podcasts/radio shows, hacktv style things. Plus

----books/manuals

any recommendations ?

---

Deepgeek

I was wondering if anybody had experience with trackers that

you had top maintain upload ratios for.

Looks like a pain in the ass to join one, but thepiratebay.org

seems to be all about hit and run stuff. I would like to find

a ratio based tracker that is

1) currently open to new members

2) liberal upload policy, so I can be an uploader at 60kpbs.

----(yes, some say "you need to be able to upload at least

----(200 kbps to be an uploader.)

3) Welcome to the content that we are spoiled on, hacker

----podcasts/radio shows, hacktv style things. Plus

----books/manuals

any recommendations ?

---

Deepgeek

It really depends on the specific tracker.

If they host popular movies and programs, it isn't too hard to keep up your ratio. However, if it's more obscure (FLAC versions of obscure artists etc) it can take months just to get 1 upload. This gets to be a pain in the ass, and you end up downloading a popular file and seeding just to get your ratio up.

As for sites that have open registration, I don't know of any off the tp of my head. Unfortunately all of the ones you need a good ratio for, I have a crappy ratio in. If you want a demonoid invite, I have a share ratio of 2.5 there... :P

I used to use all the open trackers, but now I just use Private Trackers, where I know the other people on them. I check ips, and know who is who ... I have gotten really security minded of that now ...

I don't use any one site in particular. I google for the torrent and then find one that has a lot of seeders.

The private site http://www.torrent-damage.net has open registration at the moment if anyone is interested. They won't allow you to upload with 60kbkps and I'm not sure how open they are to "hacker/hacking" content.

someone probably made a thread like this a while back, but i'd like a refreshed list. list any good torrent sites you know.

heres some

www.torrentspy.com

www.isohunt.com

www.bittorrent.com

thepiratebay.org

Why not just use Google?

bc supernova.com is better

Public trackers I use: btjunkie and mininova. I mainly use private trackers though. It not hard to maintain a decent ratio with a slower up speed if your client is setup correctly and you forward ports if you have a firewall.

i like mininova but used to love demonoid till the mpaa shut it down damm you. I also use azureus because of the add ons and the fact that you can play around with settings to make it quicker. Have tried utorrent and found it ok as a small client but not too great after large downloads etc and bitcomet to just abuse process power. Although bit tornardo used to be good but not updated enough to stick with the times lol

Why not just use Google?

bc supernova.com is better

no, no, no! It's www.suprnova.org - The original, yes it's back.

Edited by ghostshadow

I hope nobody has mentioned this yet. I lost interest reading this post and did a quick scan for its mention. Lately, I've been using ilovetorrents.com; however, they are really strict on leachers and content is just ok. All the torrents seem to be reliable and fast with many seeders though.

The Wolfman uses TorrentFlux for my client. Having a PHP-based bittorrent client kicks the shiz. Want to download torrents to your PC while your at work or school? You can with Torrentflux.

I use TorrentFlux's PirateBay Search Plugin to search PirateBay through my Torerntflux.

btw, if anyone has Torrentflux setup or is going to install it, you should protect the torrentflux directory with an .htaccess file.

Having a PHP-based bittorrent client kicks the shiz.

sounds like it would be.